Planning on Moving

wkmac

I have a camera my wife got me when we were fisrt going out. It's a Minolta SLR with a bunch of lenses. Haven't used it in years.
Should I Ebay it? Do people even use film cameras anymore? And it's probably 30 years old. Looks great....

Over,

In case Hoax doesn't see your post, PM him as he's into photograph and he might have an idea as to a home for that camera. Never know until you ask.

P

pickup

Lol, funny you should mention that! I already got one of those big dumpster bags. I plan on putting our waterbed and other junk in it. It holds up to 3300 lbs, then you call for a pickup.
Well, my phone has yet to ring, but I stand by waiting. I remember when my mother and father moved, they sold some stuff on their own first. (this is in the 90's before the internet) . Then they hired some lady who would price the remaining objects and then publicize and run a garage sale. The lady received 25 percent of the proceeds so she had every incentive to get as much money as she could within a given time frame. My parents lived in a populous enough area. I don't know if a garage sale lady such as the one my parents had is around your area. The garage sale was a success because the lady really knew her stuff including how to deal with hagglers and in pricing before and during a garage sale.

P

pickup

sorry about the bunching of words in the above post. Something funny is going on when posting on browncafe.

P

pickup

I have a camera my wife got me when we were fisrt going out. It's a Minolta SLR with a bunch of lenses. Haven't used it in years. Should I Ebay it? Do people even use film cameras anymore? And it's probably 30 years old. Looks great....
Ebay it. You never know who is in the market for it. You might even want to google the item to see if there is any talk about the item.

klein

Für Meno :)
The lenses are worth $300 easy, and they are good for digital cams, so be careful not to give them away to easily,,,, but that's if they are AF lenses (autofocus).

over9five

Staff member
The lenses are worth $300 easy, and they are good for digital cams, so be careful not to give them away to easily,,,, but that's if they are AF lenses (autofocus).

They are not AF. We tried them (many years ago) on my daughters newer Minolta which has AF. They did not fit.

klein

Für Meno :)
oh well, be lucky if you get $100 for the whole chibang (I should shut up, sorry ovah), but you probably knew it anyways

Oh, and I must add, I had two Nikons, both AF, and I was able to use non AF lenses on mine (ofcourse without AF functioning, but they did fit).
But, putting an AF lens on a non AF cam didn't fit.

You may want to google that up..... you'll know if you have AF just by looking at the innerside of the lens.. if it has miniture sort of contacts (5 or 6 of them)... it's AF, would also display on the Lens itself on the front... where it reads 50mm 210mm, etc...for example: 50mmAF. (damn metric again, will drive Moreluck nuts) !

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Oh yeah! Got my $20.
dang missed that one, I would have picked it up from you. Need to swap out the 30 year old, rusty rotting one we have here. That would have kicked me in the butt to do it!

Is your house on the market?

We are selling this property next year. Property Taxes too high in this area (approaching 6.5-7k next year whenever the assessor comes by...we convienently are not at home during those times).

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Minolta X-370 w/ 50mm lens
70 - 210 mm zoom lens
150 mm telephoto lens
2X converter lens
Vivitar flash

What is your bid, sir?
LOL well you won't like my bid, I do think the best bet is to drum up some offers on E-Bay. My Wife is more into vintage stuff, an 80s camera doesn't quite qualify. I am not that savvy when it comes to that stuff.

over9five

Staff member
What do I do with furniture I don't want? How do I get rid of say, one leather couch, two leather chairs, two single beds, one dining room table w/six chairs?

None of it is in good condition. What do I do with it all?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What do I do with furniture I don't want? How do I get rid of say, one leather couch, two leather chairs, two single beds, one dining room table w/six chairs?

Are there any colleges near where you live? Stuff like that would go great in a frat house.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Around here, if we just want to get rid of it (not sell it) we just put it on the curb with a "free" sign on the days that the landscapers come. They seem to all have trucks and will take it. It usually ends up in Mexico by the weekend. That's not a racist statement because on Saturdays, the I-5 southbound is full of pick up trucks with big loads of furniture and appliances tied with bungee cords. It's just a fact.