Planning on Moving

over9five

Staff member
So today we had to basically move everything we own........ but not to a new house. The new carpet's being installed Monday, so we had to move everything off the carpet. Everything we own into the kitchen, bathrooms and basement. It took ALL day, and we are beat.

Also filled the Bagster dumpster we bought, mostly with the waterbed. 3 cubic yards IS a lot!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
So today we had to basically move everything we own........ but not to a new house. The new carpet's being installed Monday, so we had to move everything off the carpet. Everything we own into the kitchen, bathrooms and basement. It took ALL day, and we are beat.

Also filled the Bagster dumpster we bought, mostly with the waterbed. 3 cubic yards IS a lot!

Are you moving closer-in to work? Buying another house?

over9five

Staff member
When the carpet installers came, my wife called me to say that they needed to take all the doors off to carpet under them, but they do not put them back in. I said, "No biggie, we can do that".

The REASON they don't put them back in is because often, they will not fit. Like if you get a slightly thicker carpet or pad than the one you're replacing.

I got lucky (kind of...). All of our swinging doors still worked fine, but all our sliding closet doors didn't fit anymore.

Soooooo that was my unanticipated job for today. Cutting 1/4 inch off the bottom of all the closet doors.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When the carpet installers came, my wife called me to say that they needed to take all the doors off to carpet under them, but they do not put them back in. I said, "No biggie, we can do that".

The REASON they don't put them back in is because often, they will not fit. Like if you get a slightly thicker carpet or pad than the one you're replacing.

I got lucky (kind of...). All of our swinging doors still worked fine, but all our sliding closet doors didn't fit anymore.

Soooooo that was my unanticipated job for today. Cutting 1/4 inch off the bottom of all the closet doors.

Just 'plane' crazy !!