Planning on Moving

moreluck

golden ticket member
Over, before you do this, maybe you could explain the situation to your realtor and have him/her call the potential buyer's realtor to see what they would like to have done. It may be that he is handy and would like to do the work himself. The buyer can purchase the home with this known "deficiency" as long as it is fully disclosed and both parties sign off on it; however, the buyer may ask for a seller concession in return.

Some banks don't lend the $$$ when there's a known code problem and it needs to be resolved beforehand to the satisfaction of the home inspector. ........

P

pickup

Stop it! That's my biggest worry!! (having neighbors again)

Oh , over, don't be so frightened, let me remind you of the benefits of neighbors. First they will take note of your possessions, for future borrowing purposes. Then maybe one drunken guy collecting disability checks and perpetually camped out on his front porch will be your new buddy and every day when you come home with no other intent than to collapse on the couch, your new buddy will be between you and your front door telling you what is wrong with America, Obama, etc.

Oh let's not forget, anyone of your neighbors has a problem getting a package, hey Over is over there, let's go talk to him. He works for Ups, he can pull my package off the belt.

Good luck, pal.

over9five

Staff member
Over, what did you decide to do?

Talked to my agent an hour ago. This weekend, I'm taking down the garage door, and boarding up the opening. The buyer can do whatever he wants after it passes the appraisers inspection and the FD smoke detector inspection.

My other option was to firewall the entire garage (walls, ceiling, walkthru door) which would have cost at least 2K. What I'm doing should be under $100.

See Morelucks post #81

over9five

Staff member
Oh , over, don't be so frightened, let me remind you of the benefits of neighbors. First they will take note of your possessions, for future borrowing purposes. Then maybe one drunken guy collecting disability checks and perpetually camped out on his front porch will be your new buddy and every day when you come home with no other intent than to collapse on the couch, your new buddy will be between you and your front door telling you what is wrong with America, Obama, etc.

Oh let's not forget, anyone of your neighbors has a problem getting a package, hey Over is over there, let's go talk to him. He works for Ups, he can pull my package off the belt.

Good luck, pal.

I hate you guys.

over9five

Staff member
This sucks! Technically, I could really start moving stuff.
I'm scared everything will fall thru before the closing. What's the chance of that at this point???
I'd just hate to move a lot of stuff, and then have to move it back!!!

Can you say STRESSED OUT!!!!!!

Lol!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
This sucks! Technically, I could really start moving stuff.
I'm scared everything will fall thru before the closing. What's the chance of that at this point???
I'd just hate to move a lot of stuff, and then have to move it back!!!

Can you say STRESSED OUT!!!!!!

Lol!
Whatever it is you need done, get taken care of. Our house almost fell through on the last day. The owners had to paint the garage shutters and lots of trim two days before closing because otherwise the value of the property would be assessed under the sale price ... It was around 30 degrees outside and snowing too....not fun for them. hahh