Plant Engineering (Maintenance) Issues

To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

For discussion,

It was reported to me that there have been a lot of complaints about the Plant Engineering Department's inability or unwillingness to adequately heat the buildings. This is not a new topic. It has been addressed and discussed multiple times here at the BC.

Along with that report came a new one to me and I thought it worthy of discussion here on the BC.

Someone reported to me that certain areas of their building haven't been cleaned in months. Apparently, in his building the unload primary and sort area hasn't been cleaned in months. He described the area as being loaded with all kinds of trash large and small. He also described the area under the sort as being loaded with spit, spills and sunflower seed shells for months.

He claimed that he and his other workers were working in what amounts to squalor when they have to process ireggs.

UPS has pretty high written standard for the cleanliness of their facilities. It appears to me that based on this persons description, the standards are far from being met.

What is your experience and opinion about the cleanliness of the inside work environment?

Sincerely,
I
Did he file a grievence?? If not wil you?

upscat

upscat,

If personal responsibility was applied to what?

Sincerely,
I

In my house I clean as I go. therefore my house is always clean. at work our co-workers tend to trash the facilities in a manner that they would find offensive if done in their own homes. Self discipline by all can contribute to a cleaner work environment for all. Your issue is therefore two fold. A the quality of the housekeeping. And B what the animals who work there are doing to trash the place. Your people will complain about the cleanliness of the facility yet take no responsibility for trashing the place. Ever see anyone spit on the floors? See people pee between the trailers or somewhere in the yard? your postings always tend to focus on what the company is doing wrong or not doing right yet in this case you will ignore the pig that craps in his own pen.

rod

Retired 22 years
Hoaxster,

Thank You, I didn't know m.., I mean his center was known as that.

Sincerely,
I

You do live a sheltered life "I" or at least you are good at playing "uninformed". Anyone who has been on this site for any length of time knows of the infamous " Bubble of Goodness". Personally I think you are you the alter ego of you know who.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You do live a sheltered life "I" or at least you are good at playing "uninformed". Anyone who has been on this site for any length of time knows of the infamous " Bubble of Goodness". Personally I think you are you the alter ego of you know who.
Lord Voldemort?

Integrity

Binge Poster
In my house I clean as I go. therefore my house is always clean. at work our co-workers tend to trash the facilities in a manner that they would find offensive if done in their own homes. Self discipline by all can contribute to a cleaner work environment for all. Your issue is therefore two fold. A the quality of the housekeeping. And B what the animals who work there are doing to trash the place. Your people will complain about the cleanliness of the facility yet take no responsibility for trashing the place. Ever see anyone spit on the floors? See people pee between the trailers or somewhere in the yard? your postings always tend to focus on what the company is doing wrong or not doing right yet in this case you will ignore the pig that craps in his own pen.
upscat,

This thread is about a report that a certain facility hasn't been cleaned in several months.

The report described the area as being loaded with all kinds of trash large and small. He also described the area under the sort as being loaded with spit, spills and sunflower seed shells for months.

He claimed that he and his other workers were working in what amounts to squalor when they have to process ireggs.

UPS has pretty high written standard for the cleanliness of their facilities. It appears to me that based on this persons description, the standards are far from being met.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
rod,

No, I do not know who you are referring.

Sincerely,
I

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I have heard of UPS bathrooms where baby fetuses are all over the bathroom floor.
I think these are far outside UPS standards as well.

I saw it on the Internet.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I have heard of UPS bathrooms where baby fetuses are all over the bathroom floor.

I really wonder what Mr. Integrity does at or for UPS. He certainly comes up with some interesting questions, most of which are meaningless.

C'mon, I, who or what are you? A real person or just a troll/bot?

Oh, yeah, I do enjoy "busting chops."

Integrity

Binge Poster

Hoaxster,

Link?

I need to see this to believe it.

If true, I agree that would be far outside of claimed cleanliness standards.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
I really wonder what Mr. Integrity does at or for UPS. He certainly comes up with some interesting questions, most of which are meaningless.

C'mon, I, who or what are you? A real person or just a troll/bot?cosmo1,

It is Integrity not Mr. Integrity.

Sincerely,
I

Oh, yeah, I do enjoy "busting chops."

rod

Retired 22 years
Lord Voldemort?
Had to Google that as I never got into the Harry Potter crap. It sure would be nice if everyone on here could only post as one person or at least have it set up where others could see who posts under different names.

Squint

No more work for me!
Meadowlands facility tried to subcontract the porter's work once because the area under the belts/slides were not getting cleaned. The porter's grieved it and won. No subcontractors ever came in to clean it and the porters never did end up cleaning it either. Go figure.