Plant Engineering (Maintenance) Issues

Catatonic

Nine Lives
. It sure would be nice if everyone on here could only post as one person or at least have it set up where others could see who posts under different names.
That would be cool if we had a way to do that.
I am not aware of a person using 2 identities to concurrently post at his time.
Except maybe rod and Integrity.:wink-very:

I am curious, what makes you think people have multiple usernames?
Jones and I are the conspiracy nuts on that amongst the Mods and I have not seen anything lately.

rod

Retired 22 years

Jones and I are the conspiracy nuts on that amongst the Mods and I have not seen anything lately.
Someone who posts as much as Integrity has to know about the BOG. You can't tell me he isn't posting under another name. I'm a conspiracy nut to the ultimate so you may as well fess up.

Integrity

Binge Poster

Someone who posts as much as Integrity has to know about the BOG. You can't tell me he isn't posting under another name. I'm a conspiracy nut to the ultimate so you may as well fess up.

I can't tell you he is or he is not ... I simply don't have any insight or tools to do so.
Hoaxster and Rod,

I can assure you that Integrity is the only user name that I have used on the BC for a long, long time.

A couple of years ago I used another name for a few posts but I decided it was not something I wanted to continue.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Meadowlands facility tried to subcontract the porter's work once because the area under the belts/slides were not getting cleaned. The porter's grieved it and won. No subcontractors ever came in to clean it and the porters never did end up cleaning it either. Go figure.
Squint,

Why isn't the management seeing that the area you mention is being cleaned?

What state is Meadowlands in? I have never heard of that city.

Sincerely,
I

upscat

upscat,

This thread is about a report that a certain facility hasn't been cleaned in several months.

The report described the area as being loaded with all kinds of trash large and small. He also described the area under the sort as being loaded with spit, spills and sunflower seed shells for months.

He claimed that he and his other workers were working in what amounts to squalor when they have to process ireggs.

UPS has pretty high written standard for the cleanliness of their facilities. It appears to me that based on this persons description, the standards are far from being met.

Sincerely,
I

No doubt. I'm sure you would not have started this thread if the complaint was about the pigs that can foul up a bathroom within hours of it being cleaned. thank you for illustrating my point...- U

upscat

Link?

I need to see this to believe it.

If true, I agree that would be far outside of claimed cleanliness standards.

Sincerely,
I

for some reason a link was not requested by you to prove a building had not been cleaned in months. Are the tights perhaps a bit too tight?

upscat

Hoaxster and Rod,

I can assure you that Integrity is the only user name that I have used on the BC for a long, long time.

A couple of years ago I used another name for a few posts but I decided it was not something I wanted to continue.

Sincerely,
I

ah who is integrity before he steps into the phone booth and becomes the yellow winged wonder.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It frustrates me to no end how some of my co-workers conduct themselves in our facility. I have seen them standing right next to a trash can and throw their trash on the floor. When asked they say that there are people who will take care of that for them.

It frustrates me even more how a supposedly green company does very little to recycle their waste and goes through enough paper to kill a small forest.

Integrity

Binge Poster
No doubt. I'm sure you would not have started this thread if the complaint was about the pigs that can foul up a bathroom within hours of it being cleaned. thank you for illustrating my point...- U
That is true.

This thread is about a report that suggests in a certain facility is not being cleaned in a manner close to what is claimed in UPS standards.

Shouldn't employees in facility expect the UPS Plant Engineering to clean the building in the manner and frequency claimed in their standards?

The issue you are bringing up is an entirely different issue however related to the topic.

I will consider putting together a discussion thread that will discuss your issue because it seems to a common concern.

for some reason a link was not requested by you to prove a building had not been cleaned in months. Are the tights perhaps a bit too tight?
You were not privy to the discussion or the manner in which the report was taken or the information I requested or did not request to substantiate the concern.

Can you just stay on topic please?

My tights are perfectly fit. I see that my is super suit custom made and maintained by Edna Mode.

ah who is integrity before he steps into the phone booth and becomes the yellow winged wonder.

I do not enter a phone book to change into my super suit.

I store it in an ordinary closet and change into it in an ordinary way.

"The Yellow Winged Wonder"

I like it!

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
It frustrates me to no end how some of my co-workers conduct themselves in our facility. I have seen them standing right next to a trash can and throw their trash on the floor. When asked they say that there are people who will take care of that for them.

It frustrates me even more how a supposedly green company does very little to recycle their waste and goes through enough paper to kill a small forest.
UpstatNYUPSer,

I understand your frustration and I share your concern, however that is not the topic of this discussion thread.

The behavior of employees that you mentioned irrelevant to the claimed cleaning standards that are not being met.

I have seen the same and have gotten very ugly responses from those that I have politely confronted.

I also understand even more pronounced frustration regarding the recycling done at UPS Facilities.

This is a new topic for a new thread but here again it is clear, in the facilities that I have been in the claims that are made about recycling, green and sustainability are not even close to being met regarding recycling.

False claims seems to be the common theme.

Sincerely,
I

moreluck

golden ticket member
"The behavior of employees that you mentioned irrelevant to the claimed cleaning standards that are not being met." (Integrity)

Who do you think helps to make the dirt that is the subject of this thread ??

laffter

So you throwing trash on the floor is not laziness but is instead job security?

It's a little of both.

Mostly, the trash I throw onto the floor comes out of package cars. Nobody cleans those, but the floor is cleaned up. I can't stand having bottles and fast food bags leftover in the cars I load.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's a little of both.

Mostly, the trash I throw onto the floor comes out of package cars. Nobody cleans those, but the floor is cleaned up. I can't stand having bottles and fast food bags leftover in the cars I load.

As you can probably imagine I don't leave any trash in mine and clean it once a week.

blkmamba

Integrity,

Who is it that reports these issues to you? Does someone actually report these to you and what do you do with said reports?

Or are these conversations you over hear in the "locker rooms" while passing through?