Platinum Shield Association Says United Parcel Service Charges Unfairly

Discussion in 'The Latest UPS Headlines' started by ROBO MOD, May 1, 2007.

1. ROBO MOD

ROBO MOD I'm a Robot Staff Member

Platinum Shield Association Says United Parcel Service Charges Unfairly Because of Improper Measurements of Packages - PR Newswire

Officials of the Platinum Shield Association (PSA), whose members own and operate United Parcel Service (NYSE: UPS) franchises across the United States under the Mail Boxes Etc. brand, charged today that UPS imposes higher shipping costs on franchisees due to UPS' manipulation of the dimensional weight system used to determine package size and weight for shipping.

2. hoser

hoser Industrial Slob

way too often at my center, when packages go under the dim-weighter, a 0.5 lb envelope will be placed on top of a 140lb box resulting in only the envelope bar-code to be revealed.

need i say more?

i'm baffled by how half assed ups is towards packages going under the DIM weighter; this is key to getting proper billings (particularly to jackasses that say their box of lug nuts is 80 lbs yet it's actually 180). at a competing courier company, they aim for a 99.8% good scan rate, and they do whatever it takes for that to happen even if it means :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: a slightly lower PPH