Pleasant surprise at Pharmacy

Chemo

My wife has a prescription she's been on for 10 years. Each month it's $74.75. I went to pick it up yesterday and it was $5. I checked and double checked that it was the right stuff, and it was indeed. I hope this is an unexpected improvement from the Healthcare changes. I guess I'll find out next month when i see if it's 5 bucks again or the regular $74.75 again.
I'm still pretty skeptical that the Walgreen's just made an error in my favor.

Sent using BrownCafe App

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Perhaps a generic form is now available. You will often see a significant drop in price when the patent on new meds expire.

Chemo

It was $150 before generics were available. I remember the first time I bought it in like 2002 when the patent was still exclusive. I said "$150? I think you forgot to run my insurance." Clerk said "Your insurance saved you $780"
Believe me, I did the happy dance once generics became available and it dropped.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Pooter

I get migranes and would pay about $40 for 5 pills and now it's just $5 for the same non-generics.

Good stuff for now. :)

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My wife has a prescription she's been on for 10 years. Each month it's $74.75. I went to pick it up yesterday and it was $5. I checked and double checked that it was the right stuff, and it was indeed. I hope this is an unexpected improvement from the Healthcare changes. I guess I'll find out next month when i see if it's 5 bucks again or the regular $74.75 again.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Must be the moon is out of alignment with Venus...UPS overpaid me by 15 min of OT last week...an error in my favor?? That never happened before....

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Had the same thing happen to me, although I've always been on team care. Went in for something that normally 90 dollars for 3 month supply and was told 15 dollars. I however pay attention to our contract and read the materials the union sends in the mail so I knew what was going on.

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

Since you go to walgreens, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't go up in next couple months. For maintenance drugs, you get a couple months at $5, then goes to 20% I think. Go to mail order with Caremark and itwwill be free. Even better.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Since you go to walgreens, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't go up in next couple months. For maintenance drugs, you get a couple months at $5, then goes to 20% I think. Go to mail order with Caremark and itwwill be free. Even better.
So far...I don't have any teamcare complaints...cost me the same as my old insurance.

Kis124

Mine went up from 3 dollars to 5 dollars. I'm getting a 90 day script and going to CVS

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Is this a positive post about our new healthcare? BAN HIM IMMEDIATELY !!

dfy9ld.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I remember hearing guys complain about the co-pays on some of our meds going up....what they failed to realize however is that (on our plan at least) we still have a $300 per person or $500 per family annual cap on co-pays, and anything beyond that is covered 100%. My wife takes a lot of meds so for the first 3 months of the year we are paying big copays but once we have paid out $500 they are free for the rest of the year. It used to take us until April or May to reach the $500 limit, now we hit it in March. No big deal, just something extra to budget for.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Get it in increments of three months and it will be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!