Pleasant surprise at Pharmacy

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Chemo, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Chemo

Chemo Member

My wife has a prescription she's been on for 10 years. Each month it's $74.75. I went to pick it up yesterday and it was $5. I checked and double checked that it was the right stuff, and it was indeed. I hope this is an unexpected improvement from the Healthcare changes. I guess I'll find out next month when i see if it's 5 bucks again or the regular $74.75 again.
    I'm still pretty skeptical that the Walgreen's just made an error in my favor.

Sent using BrownCafe App
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Is this a positive post about our new healthcare? BAN HIM IMMEDIATELY !!

Glad to hear keep us posted.
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

Perhaps a generic form is now available. You will often see a significant drop in price when the patent on new meds expire.
  4. Chemo

Chemo Member

It was $150 before generics were available. I remember the first time I bought it in like 2002 when the patent was still exclusive. I said "$150? I think you forgot to run my insurance." Clerk said "Your insurance saved you $780"
    Believe me, I did the happy dance once generics became available and it dropped.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  5. Pooter

Pooter Active Member

I get migranes and would pay about $40 for 5 pills and now it's just $5 for the same non-generics.

Good stuff for now. :)
  6. working up a sweat

working up a sweat Active Member

I got a letter from the Teamsters telling me not to use Walgreens. Walgreens terminated its package delivery contract with UPS .
  7. Indecisi0n

With the service or lack thereof can you blame anyone for canceling us?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Must be the moon is out of alignment with Venus...UPS overpaid me by 15 min of OT last error in my favor?? That never happened before....
  9. Indecisi0n

I am sure there are mutli mistakes that you have miss over time which has UPS in the lead. House always wins.
  10. bleedinbrown58

Absolutely....which is why I said nothing to management regarding the error.
  11. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

Had the same thing happen to me, although I've always been on team care. Went in for something that normally 90 dollars for 3 month supply and was told 15 dollars. I however pay attention to our contract and read the materials the union sends in the mail so I knew what was going on.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  12. Fedex Guy

Fedex Guy Active Member

Good, delivering to walgreens is a nightmare anyway.

Just to be clear, I don't work for FedEx. Crazy I know.
  13. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Since you go to walgreens, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't go up in next couple months. For maintenance drugs, you get a couple months at $5, then goes to 20% I think. Go to mail order with Caremark and itwwill be free. Even better.
  14. bleedinbrown58

So far...I don't have any teamcare complaints...cost me the same as my old insurance.
  15. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that.
  16. Kis124

Kis124 Member

Mine went up from 3 dollars to 5 dollars. I'm getting a 90 day script and going to CVS

Sent using BrownCafe App
  17. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

18. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

I remember hearing guys complain about the co-pays on some of our meds going up....what they failed to realize however is that (on our plan at least) we still have a $300 per person or $500 per family annual cap on co-pays, and anything beyond that is covered 100%. My wife takes a lot of meds so for the first 3 months of the year we are paying big copays but once we have paid out $500 they are free for the rest of the year. It used to take us until April or May to reach the $500 limit, now we hit it in March. No big deal, just something extra to budget for.
  19. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Yeah those of us on teamsterRX through Medco/ExpressScripts or whatever they're calling it this week can't fill at Walgreens anymore for that reason.
  20. Get it in increments of three months and it will be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!