Please advise for brown truck position

jaker

trolling
But if he tells them he might be able to take a class a year after the DUI , which would be the first of the year

If he gets DQ then it would be a year from the DQ date he would be able to try again

Ro510

I'll take the road test then in the application I'll let them know. I think I decided. ANyone have anything else to say. They don't ask upon taking the road test.

Ro510

I'll take the road test then in the application I'll let them know. I think I decided. ANyone have anything else to say. They don't ask upon taking the road test.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have been a loader for about a year. Finally got a driving test tomorrow for the delivery trucks. Got a wet and reckless ticket in December last year. They haven't asked anything about my record first they wan to see if I can drive a manual transmission. Should I go through with it? I looked up the violation and it's 2 points on my license. Please help I have the test tomorrow and wondering if I should just forfeit :(

Wet and Reckless
Sounds like a girl I used to know

Sent using BrownCafe App

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You will have to fill out an application after you pass the driving test. They order a criminal background check and driver history.

The only way a ticket wouldn't show up on your MVR (motor vehicle report) is if you got it in a state that didn't have a reciprocal agreement with the state in which you are licensed. For example if you live in Massachusetts and get a ticket in Georgia it isn't going to show up on your MVR, but get a ticket in Vermont and it would be on your record. Based on your posts it sounds like you live and work in California, so...
1) YES it will show up on your record when the outside firm UPS uses runs you.
2) You'll have to fill out an application wherein you will certify if you've had anything, so you'll have to tell them.
3) Take the driving test for the experience, however don't plan on driving anytime soon and DO NOT BE DISHONEST. It will bite you in the :censored2: hard.

newarkster

I would pass it up and just wait until after its been 1 year since the offense. That way you never have to tell them about. Me personally, would not want UPS to know that at the very start of my full time career.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I would pass it up and just wait until after its been 1 year since the offense. That way you never have to tell them about. Me personally, would not want UPS to know that at the very start of my full time career.
Their going to see it eventually most likely anyway the following year when they pull his driving record.

newarkster

By me, in January we have to fill out and sign off if we've had any moving violations in the previous calendar year, and they pull the abstract to make sure you don't lie. He said it was in December, so if he waits until this coming January then it's already beyond the one calendar year they ask for.

wayfair

swollen member
By me, in January we have to fill out and sign off if we've had any moving violations in the previous calendar year, and they pull the abstract to make sure you don't lie. He said it was in December, so if he waits until this coming January then it's already beyond the one calendar year they ask for.
but if he follows through the driving test, they'll find out and make him wait another year...

Ro510

You will have to fill out an application after you pass the driving test. They order a criminal background check and driver history.

The only way a ticket wouldn't show up on your MVR (motor vehicle report) is if you got it in a state that didn't have a reciprocal agreement with the state in which you are licensed. For example if you live in Massachusetts and get a ticket in Georgia it isn't going to show up on your MVR, but get a ticket in Vermont and it would be on your record. Based on your posts it sounds like you live and work in California, so...
1) YES it will show up on your record when the outside firm UPS uses runs you.
2) You'll have to fill out an application wherein you will certify if you've had anything, so you'll have to tell them.
3) Take the driving test for the experience, however don't plan on driving anytime soon and DO NOT BE DISHONEST. It will bite you in the :censored2: hard.
Thank you for the response. You sound the most credible. I also talked to a driver supervisor and he also told me to give it a shot. Just be honest. Thank you my brother from another mother!

TheKid99

When UPS do a drivers background check are they checking with the state dmv well my state michigan sos?

Because I checked my impeding traffic consequence and it says 0 points non abstract moving violation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They do not pull every abstract---that would be cost prohibitive---but they do pull "random" abstracts.

upschuck

They do not pull every abstract---that would be cost prohibitive---but they do pull "random" abstracts.
That is if you are already a driver, I would hope they pulled every pre employment record, just like they do a criminal background heck. Cost of hiring an employee. That could possibly save UPS a ton of money later on.