Please Contact Your Local Media/DOT/Police About FedEx 'Safety"

MAKAVELI

It seems such a violation would affect Grounds CSA score and repeated offenses would have the contractor firing the driver for failing to adhere to DOT regulations. Am I missing something?
Yes you are, it states the carrier can be fined and jail time. Now FedEx being the " carrier ", who do you think they are going to come after?

overflowed

In other words, we can carry on with the "take a lunch break and you're fired" policy.

Have to admit this cat does have a sense of humor. May not agree with you most the time, but I will say openly I actually think your a contractor. This is a compliment.

STFXG

Please Contact Your Local Media/DOT/Police About FedEx 'Safety"

Thanks! Ill take it as a compliment. It might be the first and last ill get on here! :)

bbsam

Staff member
And if FedEx is fined do you think you are off the hook from FedEx?
First, Fedex legal will fight the fine (we have been informed of this) and second repeat offenses will have me firing the driver for hos violations. It's that simple. The driver cannot violate hos regulations

MAKAVELI

And if FedEx is fined do you think you are off the hook from FedEx?
First, Fedex legal will fight the fine (we have been informed of this) and second repeat offenses will have me firing the driver for hos violations. It's that simple. The driver cannot violate hos regulations
There is a cost involved to the contractor to hiring and training a new driver. And if it's a recurring problem I'm sure the contractor will have his contract pulled as they would be a liability to FedEx. Don't kid yourself and think you have immunity.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

FedEx fights everything that will cost them money. The reality is that Ground HOS violations seem to be rampant, at least according to drivers who have posted on this forum. The rate at which Ground accidents are occurring is rapidly piling-up FMCSA points.

bbsam

Staff member
There is a cost involved to the contractor to hiring and training a new driver. And if it's a recurring problem I'm sure the contractor will have his contract pulled as they would be a liability to FedEx. Don't kid yourself and think you have immunity.
No immunity at all and not all turnover is bad turnover. And don't put so much stock in Nick's horror stories. Contracts are not terminated with that much regularity. Just think. They could pull a contract only to find the replacement is ten times worse. Turnover in contractors is more serious than driver turnover.

MAKAVELI

No immunity at all and not all turnover is bad turnover. And don't put so much stock in Nick's horror stories. Contracts are not terminated with that much regularity. Just think. They could pull a contract only to find the replacement is ten times worse. Turnover in contractors is more serious than driver turnover.
Or they could pull a contract and find a contractor that is ten times better and follows dot regulations.