Please read this, UPS management strikes again

When your suspended, are you suppose to get in writing the agreement on the suspension and when the days are carried out. I served 10 days, and now they have me suspended next week (peak). The agreement was 20 but I'll serve 15. That was agreed at the local review. Thursday my manager said "oh yeah THEY want you to serve the full 20." What kind of BS is that. Not only did i already serve 10 days, but now you want to suspend me again this week, possible 2 weeks before Christmas.

Meanwhile, they are hiring runners off the street. What can i do short of writing the President. I'm being discriminated against and harassed.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
This is obviously an issue to be brought up with your business agents at your local Union Hall. They have all the paperwork and can go with you Monday morning to make sure you work. This doesnt sound like a run-of-the-mill suspension so there may be more details that only members at the review can answer.

I hope you called them and left a message at the hall if no one was there.

i did talk the BA wednesday but people already left for the holiday. Its the management it's straight BS. To pick and choose when he/she serves punishment it unethical. We all have bills to pay. It had to be planned out. I already served 10 days. Why not have me serve all 15 at one time.

drewed, i ding a truck about the size of the UPS logo. i was thinking of keeping our customers happy, so i exchanged info with the owner (parked at the time) and reported it around six when i came in. I should have reported right away. I messed up on that part. so the plan was 20 but it was agreed to serve 15 only.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What did you do to get suspended for 20 days?

Drewed, this is your response in the thread re: DFW hub

I have perfect people skills, Im being realistic about it, Im telling him not to plan on the union being your savior. the union doesnt hold your fate in your hands you do

And now you are asking the OP what he did to get suspended? Don't you think he would have included that had he thought it relevant? He did answer you but the reasons behind the suspension are not important to this discussion and are, in fact, NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!!!

OP, you should have received paperwork from the original suspension and the agreement reached at the local review. This paperwork should have the answer to all of the questions that you have presented here, to include the number of days, the days the suspension is to run and the date that you are to return to work. It will also include the reason for the suspension, which obviously would be failure to report an accident in a timely manner.

I would think that, rather than bitch about them hiring helpers, that you should chalk this up as a valuable (and perhaps expensive) lesson and hit the ground running when you go back on the 8th.

upstatenyupser, i hear you. it is a valuable lesson of the report part. But i never received any kind of paper work that you were talking about. and "THEY" whoever THEY are, said they want me to do the full 20 not 15, but it was agreed on 15 not 20 at local review

drewed

Shankman
Someone would have asked sooner or later, and on the second part it does matter because warning letters and suspensions go through the district level to get approved, although your local managment team settled on 15 they could have been overridden by the safety manager at the district level if they thought it was a serious safety infraction.

could have been overridden by the safety manager at the district level if they thought it was a serious safety infraction.

No, once it is set, it's a done deal. it's just unethical, management wonders why they have defiant or drivers that just do their part and thats it. when the managers takes care of their people, the ships runs smooth. we have a driver that is by THE BOOK. management hates him for that.

were to old to be playing these adolescent games. we all have bills, kids, rent, car payments, etc. your considered a bad employee if you stick up for yourself. heres a real good example. my buddy got put on a route cold, with 30 more stops then the owner of the route. The next day the supervisors and shop stewart have a meeting. He went over 2.5 hrs. they wanted to send out a warning letter.

some of these managers belong on their own show called "americas dumbest managers" or "managers say the dumbest things"

Bad Gas!

[t some of these managers belong on their own show called "americas dumbest managers" or "managers say the dumbest things"[/QUOTE]

I'd have to agree with this statement..It's like having too many send agains on a over dispatched day.I told my sup he could sign for these pkgs ahead of time and I would prerecord until delivery...LOL...He said uh...no...I said ok then..If they aren't home I'm not signing for it..Many neighbors don't know there neighbors anymore so that's no good...and you don't have time for many indirects because of route cuts...Now, we are back to that show above!

it's all a big game. just like tennis, they slap the bs on your side and you serve it back on their side. i know that diad is an aid to us. document document document.

Drewed-- I apologize again. This guy is full of more crap than my kids used to leave in their diapers.

OMG, dude, it's the truth. dont you guys have smokeshops where you live? guy gives you a sample to take home and have fun, and it didnt wear off. hell i worked the next day. you never deld a package to a lady waiting for her box? whats so BS about that/

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
OMG, dude, it's the truth. dont you guys have smokeshops where you live? guy gives you a sample to take home and have fun, and it didnt wear off. hell i worked the next day. you never deld a package to a lady waiting for her box? whats so BS about that/

I have no Idea what this post means ! Does this have something to do with your suspension?? I have a cigar shop on route and don't know what you are talking about !!!

tieguy

Banned
wierd thread. If this guy is not a troll and he is now up to 15 or 20 days of suspension then he needs to be submitting applications during his time off for his next job.

New Englander

upstatenyupser, i hear you. it is a valuable lesson of the report part. But i never received any kind of paper work that you were talking about. and "THEY" whoever THEY are, said they want me to do the full 20 not 15, but it was agreed on 15 not 20 at local review

Would you rather have been fired? Honestly?