Please read this, UPS management strikes again

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
When your suspended, are you suppose to get in writing the agreement on the suspension and when the days are carried out. I served 10 days, and now they have me suspended next week (peak). The agreement was 20 but I'll serve 15. That was agreed at the local review. Thursday my manager said "oh yeah THEY want you to serve the full 20." What kind of BS is that. Not only did i already serve 10 days, but now you want to suspend me again this week, possible 2 weeks before Christmas.

Meanwhile, they are hiring runners off the street. What can i do short of writing the President. I'm being discriminated against and harassed.

Heres some advice for ya...Dont ding up trucks and you wont be suspended "2 weeks before christmas"

US0352

Feeder
Hey be glad that's all you got. If we don't report it at the time of the incident, fired. Cut and dry. So be glad you got suspended.

chopstic

Would you rather have been fired? Honestly?

I'm going to have to agree with this one. I dont think some of you full-timers realize how INCREDIBLY fortunate you are to just have a good full time 40+ hours per week when alot of the part-timers i work with can't even pull in the required 10 hours per week to retain benifits. Just be happy to have the great job you have

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I'm going to have to agree with this one. I dont think some of you full-timers realize how INCREDIBLY fortunate you are to just have a good full time 40+ hours per week when alot of the part-timers i work with can't even pull in the required 10 hours per week to retain benifits. Just be happy to have the great job you have

40+ now. (last week 48, week before 43)

After peak, back to 32-35.

ZEB

30 year guy
UpstatNy....just being a little sarcastic but dang after 30 peaks getting suspended for one might be kinda nice.........

UnconTROLLed

perfection

What's very funny is that EVERYONE, is laid off the day before AND the day after christmas. This being the 6th largest hub in the U.S. Meaning, we don't get paid for those days.

Yeah nice 24 hour paycheck coming, and we are so incredibly fortunate.

NOT.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
What's very funny is that EVERYONE, is laid off the day before AND the day after christmas. This being the 6th largest hub in the U.S. Meaning, we don't get paid for those days.

Yeah nice 24 hour paycheck coming, and we are so incredibly fortunate.

NOT.

IF YOU WORK PART-TIME

You should have another PT job on the side to help make ends meet.
If you are a student, then you are between semesters and should pick up some side jobs.
If UPS is your only job, I HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR YOU

IF YOU WORK FULL TIME

SUCK IT UP, Senority rules

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I don't consider myself lucky or fortunate to have this job, because luck and good fortune had nothing to do with me getting it. I applied for the job and passed their 30 day qualification period. If I wasn't working here I would be working somewhere else. I have only myself to thank (or blame) for what I do for a living.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I'm going to have to agree with this one. I dont think some of you full-timers realize how INCREDIBLY fortunate you are to just have a good full time 40+ hours per week when alot of the part-timers i work with can't even pull in the required 10 hours per week to retain benefits. Just be happy to have the great job you have

Honestly, CHOP

90 - 95% of us FTers have been through PT
We understand that it is difficult and that the pay sucks
We know because we have gone through it ourselves.

Plus, as PT you are guaranteed 3.5 hours a day.
Anyone scrounging 10 hours a week obviously have no seniority or just are Unloading Trailer Monkeys that get sent home when there's no more trailers.

You make what you put into here at UPS
Opportunities and money come to those with patience AND knowledge.