Pledge to the flag

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Is every "derail " from TOS a sign that someone got it right ?
Let's see who can accumulate the most "derails " between now and the 1st of Oct.

wkmac

How would an Amer

How would an American flag offend an American?
Please tell us.

Claiming to represent freedom and liberty when in fact it does no such thing?

The only reason I don't burn the flag is because I don't think it's worth spending my money to buy in the first place. I mean if I'm buying it making it my property, I'm free to do with it what I want. Oh that's right, the screamers of "land of the free" don't really believe in actual property rights now do they as they don't tolerate people using their property as they see fit.

That's why I like my table cloth!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
How would an Amer

How would an American flag offend an American?
Please tell us.

I find the following an offensive use of the flag.

polls_kid_rock_200_062807_1_.jpg_0926_284706.jpeg_poll_xlarge.jpeg

some of your relatives?
American+flag+KKK.jpg

Republicans idea of fashion..
2012+Republican+National+Convention+Day+2+rSXgkBVTWIOl.jpg

tea party Ra tard.

american-flag-overlode.jpg

look at these dirtbags

duck_american_flag_promo.png

At the State of the Union, invited by republitards...
Duck-Dynasty-Star-State-Union.jpg

I find all of these images offensive to the flag.

TOS.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Claiming to represent freedom and liberty when in fact it does no such thing?

The only reason I don't burn the flag is because I don't think it's worth spending my money to buy in the first place. I mean if I'm buying it making it my property, I'm free to do with it what I want. Oh that's right, the screamers of "land of the free" don't really believe in actual property rights now do they as they don't tolerate people using their property as they see fit.

That's why I like my table cloth!
Part of me envies your point of view. I have a 6x10 US flag that used to take up an entire wall in my college apartment. Sometimes I miss how idealistic I was back then. Now it sits folded in the triangle I learned to make as a boy scout.

It's taken me a while, and I'm still not quite there yet.... but this is all starting to seem like a complete waste of effort. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother playing the game.

wkmac

I don't have a problem with people waving the flag and singing to it. My problem is their assertion that if I don't ascribe to their specific groupthink, I'm somehow less human than they!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
American+flag+KKK.jpg

Republicans idea of fashion..
TOS.

Better go back and re-read your history books .
KKK is the party of the Democrats .
The late Sen. Byrd, (d) of WV was a member & a democrat who casket was placed upon the same spot where President Lincoln's was inside of the Senate .

rod

Retired 22 years

I used to go to the dirt track car races up north in a town that had a LARGE Indian population. When they played the National Anthem the Indians all refused to stand. Then they would give some Indian prayer and all the other people would ignore it. About half the drivers were Indian and every race turned into a Indian war. Thoses were fun times. With all the bickering back and forth I never saw an actual fight.

wkmac

I used to go to the dirt track car races up north in a town that had a LARGE Indian population. When they played the National Anthem the Indians all refused to stand. Then they would give some Indian prayer and all the other people would ignore it. About half the drivers were Indian and every race turned into a Indian war. Thoses were fun times. With all the bickering back and forth I never saw an actual fight.

Why not eliminate the anthem and the prayer and then all can focus on what they are there for in the first place? ;)

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why not eliminate the anthem and the prayer and then all can focus on what they are there for in the first place? ;)
Because they need a prelude to "Gentlemen, start your engines..." Maybe it can be "Happy Trails' by Roy Rogers & Dale Evans

wkmac

Because they need a prelude to "Gentlemen, start your engines..." Maybe it can be "Happy Trails' by Roy Rogers & Dale Evans

It's quite possible that Rod was at a sprint car race and they don't do "gentlemen, start your engines!"

They do 4 wide!

I'll let you figure that out.

rod

Retired 22 years
It's quite possible that Rod was at a sprint car race and they don't do "gentlemen, start your engines!"

They do 4 wide!

I'll let you figure that out.

I do a lot of sprint car races but this particular track just had your normal everyday stock car classes. The idea of getting rid of both the pre show pageantries is reasonable but would never happen unless a full scale race riot broke out which this wasn't the case there. I was just a little friendly?? jabbing back and forth. It was the track to go to if you liked to watch people destroy their cars. I haven't been there in years but I hear nothing much has changed.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
image.jpg

A Navy veteran had this photograph taken of her baby. I think it's a very beautiful, symbolic photo. Some people are up in arms about it. Thoughts?