PM Air going into Feeders - will I get Red Circled?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Ya Dad, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Ya Dad

Ya Dad Member

So I was bumped out of my PM Air spot because I was part-time and they wanted to make it a combo position, but I didn't have the seniority to go combo, so I was taken out of my position and now I work in centers loading trucks and working the slides.

However, I am still classified as a Bid Air Driver. Although I always work inside now (and get my inside rate), I still have my classification. I am going into Feeders here soon, but the starting rate there is lower than my Air Driver rate.

My question is, will I go into Feeders with my Air Driver rate, or will I have to take the paycut?

2. reginald396

reginald396 Member

I don't think you keep part-tie air rates. Only if you were combo fulltime or TCD.

3. Mst3k

Mst3k Member

As far as I know feeder drivers start at top rate. They do here anyways.

4. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

You will be hired as fill time and then begin progression rate

5. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Article 41 section 2.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

The sole excep-
    tion is when an employee is awarded a package car or feeder driv-
    er job and has not previously held a full-time job which includes
    driving duties. In such event, the employee will have a break-in rate
    equal to the employee’s current wage rate until six (6) months from
    the date the employee entered the job. The employee will then go to
    the prevailing top rate. A part-time air driver who has completed the
    Article 40 progression, bids a full-time inside job and then a driver
    job within two (2) years shall have the same break-in period.

7. Ya Dad

Ya Dad Member

"Part-time employees on the payroll as of July 31, 2013 who subsequently are promoted to full-time employment under this paragraph will be red circled until such time as the calculated progression rate exceeds that rate. The transfer date will become his/her full-time start date for purposes of applying the above progression."

That makes it sound like I'll be going in at my Air Rate until the Feeder pay progression exceeds my rate.

8. hondo

hondo promoted to mediocrity

Plan on having to file for it. Make sure you have your pay stubs or print copies (of the air driver pay rate).

9. Ya Dad

Ya Dad Member

My regular rate is my hub rate, since I've been working in centers loading trucks and working slides. That's what I've been getting paid working inside for the past couple of months. However, my "current pay rate" is still my Top Air Rate. Talked to the Feeder Steward about it, and he also suggests filing. I will wait 9 days after I get my first Full-Time check, then go ahead and get the ball rolling.

Thanks for the help, Hondo.

10. Covemastah

Consider your self lucky for this awesome opportunity ,, you will probably be cover and won't get good vacations ,, best advice is to keep mouth shut about it, the other drivers probably did. 15 to 20 yrs on a pkg car came to feeders and still don't get the ideal job or vacation , good luck and be safe, take it slow

11. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

That's bs should be company seniority... A 25 year pc driver who wants to go feeder shouldn't get bumped to the bottom... They have earned the right to keep seniority for vacations pics and runs...

12. Covemastah

Maybe no one wanted it !!
    We force a guy last yr from another building into our fdr dept

13. Coldworld

I think you are talking about the exception.. Many areas are hiring in feeder but the list can be long in others...you think we should start over in seniority... Some locals don't

14. Coldworld

I didn't mean bs for the guy who's going feeder... Good for him like you said... I think seniority should follow you over .. That's all

15. NonDeliverOtherMissed

NonDeliverOtherMissed Active Member

When switching from pkg car to feeder, you keep your seniority...at least my area u do...and I would think it would be everywhere or else no one would do it

16. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Don't feel sorry for them ... We have had drivers go into feeder... In my experience it's the butt kissers, the ones who get hurt and can't do the physical work, or ones who get fired and UPS needs someone to fill a slot and a deal is cut....

17. Coldworld

Yeah... So what's your point mr. Stalker.... Has it come to this you and I, the last ones in here....I feel like we are the last two drunks at the bar who don't want to be there but at the same time too drunk to f'ing leave!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Just copied your post from the other thread ... seemed funny to me anyway.

19. Coldworld

It's not.. Some locals you start over except for the number of weeks of vacation... But I think it's the exception not the rule.

20. Covemastah

Local 25 Boston your seniority follows you as I believe it should