PM dispatch

box_beeyotch

I've only been driving for 2 years, doesn't mean if I was at top rate I wouldn't still do the same. The more money, the better.

Tough Guy

Before Orion, I would often times call around and see if my surrounding peers were in need of aid.

Not so much for the sake of more work or money, but just because I enjoy/enjoyed helping my fellow man. If, before we hit the road, there was a driver who looked like they had a bad day ahead of them, I'd tell them that so long as I don't run into any trouble, and finish at a decent time, I'd look them up.

It was however, always understood that my help was a premium, not to be taken for granted. And that if I ever felt I was being taken advantage of, that help would disappear like a fart in the wind.

But, those days are long gone now. Since they don't want us transferring work in Edd now because of Orion. Like a previous poster said, they leave some guys out there to rot til after hours now.

Dr.Brownz

I ran a mall in a box truck in the early eighties that hit 1000 pieces delivered/picked up daily.

And, I didn't/couldn't break eight hours.

It's not hard to do that many pieces in 8 hours when you have a big cart stashed at the mall to haul things on.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
But if you get a message to go help someone else before you get back to the building you have to go help.

That's when you use UPS' methods against them. Finish your last stop, toss the Diad in it's holder and get moving. ONce that green light comes on, ignore it.

When I was still in delivery they were going nuts over avoiding "In Cab Distractions", well reaching for the DIAD while driving and reading it are two major distractions.

"Sorry boss, I didn't want to get distracted, kept my eyes on the road". They can't say ANYTHING when you do that. I know from experience.

mdnj88

That's when you use UPS' methods against them. Finish your last stop, toss the Diad in it's holder and get moving. ONce that green light comes on, ignore it.

"Sorry boss, I didn't want to get distracted, kept my eyes on the road". They can't say ANYTHING when you do that. I know from experience.

THIS!

UPSGUY72

I salute your abilities and your execution but that does not mean you tell someone to slow down.
You don't tell your kids to make all C's or worse do you?

The op delivered 1000 pieces and was done at 5. He needs to slow down and work tge methods or his employment at UPS will be short.

mdnj88

The op delivered 1000 pieces and was done at 5. He needs to slow down and work tge methods or his employment at UPS will be short.

We have a footer route that delivers about 1000 pieces to 2 dock stops he's back at building by 11am to get rest of his route. Let's not jump on the op for assuming he's a runner burner

Dr.Brownz

I salute your abilities and your execution but that does not mean you tell someone to slow down.
You don't tell your kids to make all C's or worse do you?

False equivilancy
Thats like comparing a mushroom to a cat and wondering why the cat is so much more Active