Police Brutality & Executions

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
How bout you do us all a favor and move to canada. Don't let the door hit ya.....

Why do I have to move? You are one of the people who cant comprehend what the constitution provides to all citizens in this country.

Its YOU that should pack up and split and find someplace where white people can own guns, read the bible daily then drink beer and shoot each other to death with your homemade ammo.

I , on the other hand, will continue to point out how the constitution protects everyone, even you.

TOS.

Last edited by a moderator:

trickpony1

Contributors to this thread need to remember that this is the TOS that will go to local panels, national panels and arbitration and fight, "tooth and nail" and "to the death...." for one of his union brothers/sisters who, knowingly or unknowingly screwed up, but, with the slightest provocation, throw HIS nations defenders "under the bus" or in Leavenworth to rot.

Feeling entitled?

Stay classy TOS.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Contributors to this thread need to remember that this is the TOS that will go to local panels, national panels and arbitration and fight, "tooth and nail" and "to the death...." for one of his union brothers/sisters who, knowingly or unknowingly screwed up, but, with the slightest provocation, throw HIS nations defenders "under the bus" or in Leavenworth to rot.

Feeling entitled?

Stay classy TOS.
I'll gladly throw someone who murders and rapes people under the bus, I don't care what they think they're defending.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Feeling entitled?

Stay classy TOS.

Stretching for a comparision now??

You want to compare an hourly wage employee to a Military monster raping, killing, robbing, dismembering or wiping out an entire family of a foriegn country??

How does this make any sense??

Look, in your distorted perceptions, those MONSTERS you stand up for, were no different than those who ran the jewish internment camps. You know the ones, where human beings in a war zone were placed in ovens to be burned to death, right?

I am sure you would have rallies for those men as well right?

You want to somehow take a workplace dispute and compare that to a military trial where someone is convicted of a horrendous act of violence, and equalize them.

I say, lay off the booze bro.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I dont consider ANY military person who commits a heinous act of violence against an unarmed populace to be DEFENDING my freedom. Instead, I take GREAT offense to these MONSTERS who anger the world, and help to create tomorrows monsters that will attack my country.

You and the others CRY like little bitches on this board when an ISIS monster beheads someone, but you are willing to look the other way when our soldiers commit WORSE crimes against humanity while engaged in a war.

There is no excuse for either act, but you cant cry like a little girl when one of our own is beheaded, while your buddies in uniform are busy raping young teenage iraqi girls at the end of an M16.

That my ignorant friend, is NOT DEFENDING OUR COUNTRY.

TOS.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Contributors to this thread need to remember that this is the TOS that will go to local panels, national panels and arbitration and fight, "tooth and nail" and "to the death...." for one of his union brothers/sisters who, knowingly or unknowingly screwed up,

TOS.
I'm not sure about that.
I know he hates Whites and females so I think they would be SOL.

rod

Retired 22 years
You just trying to stir the pot or are you also unable or unwilling to understand the difference between kids in high school and a war zone?

I'm guessing photog has never been shot at or dealt in guerilla warfare where the enemy blends in with the civilians. I don't think TOS has either. Feeling entitled?

I'm guessing Photog might have got a paper cut a time or two at his desk.--Does that count? :-)

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You're starting to sound like Lt John Kerry at the Fulbright Hearings .

Why? cause the truth hurts??

Maybe I should be like YOU and TRICK, and put on blinders and stay quiet while our soldiers are busy raping women of a foreign country? Or perhaps look the other way while they are killing and robbing villagers? Or maybe, pretend I dont hear about the soldiers who are raping iraqi young men while on the battlefield??

I guess, using YOU two as an example, that is what a good American is.

TOS.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
At the Fulbright Hearings , Kerry was recalling stories he heard from a veterans conference in Detroit earlier . He never doubled checked his sources . But he repeated them in front of Congress like they were his own experiences .

So one might get the idea that you too are repeating tall tales without having any proof .
So Please list all of your sources for these war zone incidents .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
At the Fulbright Hearings , Kerry was recalling stories he heard from a veterans conference in Detroit earlier . He never doubled checked his sources . But he repeated them in front of Congress like they were his own experiences .

So one might get the idea that you too are repeating tall tales without having any proof .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre

Sportello

I was at the Winter Soldier Investigation in Detroit. Were you?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I

Why dont you start here....

https://www.globalpolicy.org/invasion-and-war/atrocities-and-criminal-homicides-.html

then we can move on to the hundreds of court martials conducted by the US military since the start of both wars...

Hopefully, you will be able to keep up.

TOS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
You what's really funny , you act like this is a new thing .
Hate to break it to you , but these actions have been going on for centuries . All over the world .
So by picking on just one war or on one country's military makes you a fool .
Go join ISIS if you want to change human nature .

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Hate to break it to you , but these actions have been going on for centuries . All over the world .

I am the fool? or you are just foolish?

Dont change the subject cause you cant sustain an argument, who are you now? AV8?

We had many "ANIMALS" in our military committing serious war crimes during both wars, and to make an excuse that "they were in a war zone" is something right out of a persons ash.

The new iraqi government, REFUSED to give our soldiers immunity from prosecution because of the numerious cases of crimes against humanity, and that led to the draw down of troops that BUSH SIGNED before leaving office.

The Iraqi government wanted to PROSECUTE our soldiers for those crimes when they happened vs. allowing the USA to go through the court martial process.

The USA "cleaned up" hundreds of cases of murders, and simply sent those soldiers back home and out of Iraq.

Others, they had no choice but to convict, like TRICKPONY's buddies in leavonworth prison who he wants to have parades and partys for.

Our country started two wars, we systematically killed over 250,000 civilians in the process along with rebel fighters. At the same time, we had "ANIMALS" who were raping, multilating, kidnapping, killing women and young girls like it was nothing, and if your position is that it was OK because this has been going on for centuries, then

you cant complain about the HOLOCAUST.

The real fool is the person who ignores the realities of war, and just thinks attack another country comes without consequences.

There are no clean wars.

Not ALL military persons are HERO's.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Excerpt:

Cover-Ups

In most cases of serious misconduct and murder, soldiers directly involved have tried to cover up the crimes. Also, commanders have often ignored evidence, failed to pursue actively even the most serious cases and made exculpatory public statements. In the case of Haditha , the Marine Corps issued a press release the next day claiming that many of the Iraqis had died from the blast of an insurgent bomb, a version contested by witnesses. In spite of the many Iraqi casualties, the company commander did not inspect the site, choosing to rely on the report of the soldiers involved. Subsequently, investigators found that pages were missing from a company logbook and a video tape from a drone flying overhead had disappeared. Apparently, the perpetrators or those in collusion with them had destroyed or withheld evidence. [53] Those involved in the incident apparently also made misleading statements to investigators. [54] A marine inquiry determined that "some officers gave false information to their superiors" in the initial follow-up to the case. [55] In a later report, Major General Eldon A. Bargewell found "willful negligence" among Marine officers and " attempts to hide criminal conduct. " Senior officers, he concluded, "exhibited a determination to ignore indications of serious misconduct, perhaps to avoid conducting an inquiry that could prove adverse to themselves or their Marines ." [56]

As in Mahmudiya where soldiers tried to conceal evidence of the rape and killing of the teenage girl and her family, [57] or in Hamdaniya where the soldiers put an AK-47 automatic rifle next to the man they had murdered, [58] those involved in the Ishaqi murders called in air support to blow up the house. It appears that they hoped that the crime would disappear beneath the rubble. [59] The US command first exonerated the soldiers, saying that three civilians died due to the exchange of fire in a military operation and also due to the collapse of the house which occurred during the combat. The civilian deaths were determined to be "unintentional," and US forces involved in the incident were said to have "followed the rules of engagement." [60] But neighbors and local leaders complained to Iraqi police that the soldiers entered the house while it was still standing. The police opened an inquiry, using a US-trained criminal investigation team that literally dug up the facts from the collapsed house. [61] After examining the bodies, hands bound, all in one room with execution-style bullet holes to the head and spent US cartridges nearby, the investigators concluded that the people had been murdered in cold blood. Eleven, not three, bodies were found in the rubble. [62] Autopsies at Tikrit Hospital confirmed that all the victims had bullet wounds to the head. [63] The BBC has shown a video from an Associated Press cameraman, taken afterwards on the scene, that provides strong evidence of the atrocity. [64] But the US military has refused to open a case or to investigate further.

In the case of the death of Italian intelligence agent Nicola Calipari too, an Italian government report issued on May 3, 2005 criticized the way that evidence of the shooting disappeared. The scene of the incident was not preserved for investigation and the logs of the military unit on the day in question were later destroyed. At the very least, this was sloppy procedure. Quite possibly, it was obstruction of justice and the covering up of a crime. [65]

A Pentagon mental health survey of troops in Iraq found that "less than half of Soldiers and Marines would report a team member for unethical behavior," such as not following general orders, violating the rules of engagement, and mistreating or killing civilians. [66] US military authorities, embarrassed by a rash of atrocities, have chosen to back up the official version of the facts, insisting that victims died as collateral damage in military operations. Such cover-ups have kept some cases from public view entirely, and they have diminished the strength of the evidence against the perpetrators of the prosecuted crimes. They have contributed to the dismissal of cases and the very weak sentences that are usually handed down.

Impunity

The military justice system has acted very rarely to punish cases of murder and atrocities. Most such cases have never reached the point of a formal charge. Even when a charge has been handed down, the cases have usually been dismissed at the preliminary administrative tribunal stage or at the later court martial phase. Or they have been settled at either stage with a very mild rebuke or punishment. Very few charges have included premeditated murder, even in such egregious incidents as Haditha.

In late August 2006, the Washington Post reviewed military cases during the period June 2003 to February 2006. The Post report found that while thousands of Iraqis had been killed by US soldiers under questionable circumstances, the military justice system prosecuted only a "small portion of the incidents." [67] No homicide prosecutions at all have arisen from shootings at checkpoints and very few high-ranking officers have been charged.

Commanders – who must make the decision to start a criminal investigation against their subordinates - have often failed to investigate Iraqi civilian deaths. They have preferred to consider them as unintended consequence of combat operations and ordered administrative or non-judicial punishments instead. "I think there are a number of cases that never make it to the reporting stage, and [for those that do] there has been a reluctance to pursue them vigorously," said Gary Solis, a former Marine prosecutor. "There have been fewer prosecutions in Iraq than one might expect." [68] An army major quoted by the Washington Post concurred: "I think there were many other engagements that should have been investigated, definitely. But no one wanted to look at them or report them high… It was just the way things worked." [69]

Criticism

The killing of civilians by US troops has raised anger and outrage among the Iraqi population and has sparked strong statements from Iraqi officials. Asked to comment on the events in Haditha, Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki called them "totally unacceptable" and qualified US violence against civilians as a "daily phenomenon" in Iraq . He said bluntly that Coalition troops do not "respect the Iraqi people." [70] After the announcement that a US investigation had cleared troops in the Ishaqi case, the Iraqi government reacted strongly. Adnan al-Kazimi, an aide to Prime Minister al-Maliki, said the government would demand an apology from the US and compensation for the victims in several cases. [71]

The small number of convictions has pushed the Iraqi government to question the immunity given to members of Coalition forces since June 2004. Al-Maliki publicly said he believed immunity from Iraqi courts "encouraged [troops] to commit crimes in cold blood." [72] Iraq Human Rights Minister Wigdan Michael concurred, that the US failure to hold soldiers accountable for their crimes had fostered a climate of impunity among troops: "One of the reasons for this is the UN resolution, which gives the multinational force soldiers immunity. Without punishment, you get violations. This happens when there is no punishment." [73] Michael also raised the possibility that Iraq would demand a review of the Multinational Forces' immunity by the UN Security Council.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

And on a side note, you are NOT breaking anything to me. I am clearly more informed on wars than you or most on this board. And to your point about joining ISIS, that is a stupid suggestion.

There really is no fundamental difference between an ISIS member killing an innocent civilian and one of our "hero's" raping and killing an innocent civilian.

The real difference is that you will only condemn the ISIS monster while throwing a party for the other.

Thats the only "human nature" I would like to change.

TOS.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
There really is no fundamental difference between an ISIS member killing an innocent civilian and one of our "hero's" raping and killing an innocent civilian.

Yes there is .
You had to include " raping " .
Is there something in your past you care to "get off your chest " ?