Political Correctness

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Again you're blinded by a "team sport" or "tribal" way of thinking. You use phrases like, Far right, TeaCons and many others, many insulting. You personally insult others who don't agree with your point of view. Granted you may of had some respond the same way.

Sorry, but limiting yourself to such a narrow point of view either far left or right does no good in my opinion.

Carry on as I know you will.. But just maybe you can prove your point with less hostility and personal attacks.

Tony is former management at UPS and an owner of the site. If I were a betting man, I'd bet he's Republican, or an 'Independent' who just votes R all the time.

Tony is married to the site owner, also former part-timer and 5 year driver, not that that should matter. Go to Vegas with your bet and see how that works out. Another tribal thinker... So how does that help your cause?

wkmac

Found this today on Reddit.

Six years ago, Hitchens perfectly predicts the current social climate of speech suppression, and warns that anyone who talks outside the script will be accused of bigotry.

Barbarians never take a city till someone holds the gates open for them.

Discussion thread on reddit

Good ole' Hitch. Of the so-called 4 Horseman, he was the best IMO. He is missed.

upsgrunt

Tony- might I add that the constant use of the words "idiots", "morons", "imbeciles", and such do little to one's arguments, but, in fact, weaken them. What kind of argumentative skills tells anyone that using such words constantly makes anyone veer to a different point of view?

It's these posts that are making me less keen on reading posts anymore.

God forbid that someone should be a Christian with a strong faith, as they are belittled for that as well. We Christians are constantly told that we are shoving our faith down people's throats, when in fact we are belittled incessantly for our beliefs and faith with put downs and condescending statements. Seems like it's several posters on here who are pushing their "non beliefs", and lack of faith down the Christian's beliefs and faith.

Just my two cents.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Tony- might I add that the constant use of the words "idiots", "morons", "imbeciles", and such do little to one's arguments, but, in fact, weaken them. What kind of argumentative skills tells anyone that using such words constantly makes anyone veer to a different point of view?

I agree!

Myself or other mods don't read every post or thread.

If there is a personal attack or ad hominem, (responding to arguments by attacking a person's character, rather than addressing the content of their arguments) you can report it.

Many personal attacks go unreported and add to the issues you speak of. You can also put someone on the "ignore" feature.

wkmac

Sometimes such attacks are better left posted for others to see. This may go further in policing a problem than deleting. Forces the poster to live with it and serves as notice to others as instructive.

Since this is about political correctness, suppression of speech can lead to the veiling of what the person truly is and leave others vulnerable to harm because full transparency of the person is prohibited. True free speech unveils true free thought and then you have full transparency of human action.

Sportello

Tony is married to the site owner, also former part-timer and 5 year driver, not that that should matter. Go to Vegas with your bet and see how that works out. Another tribal thinker... So how does that help your cause?
The few times you have expressed political views, they have been from the right of center, nothing wrong with that.

For some reason I thought you were a manager for some time. If that is not the case, my sincere apologies.

rod

Retired 22 years
I agree!

Myself or other mods don't read every post or thread.

If there is a personal attack or ad hominem, (responding to arguments by attacking a person's character, rather than addressing the content of their arguments) you can report it.

Many personal attacks go unreported and add to the issues you speak of. You can also put someone on the "ignore" feature.

I think some of the mods can't read. They just look for dirty pictures

Babagounj

Strength through joy
progressive-land.jpg

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
In Conservative Land this is a family values conservative.
upload_2015-9-29_10-55-56.jpeg

Cindy Gamrat. Expelled from legislature for extramarital affair and lying to cover it up.

newfie

The few times you have expressed political views, they have been from the right of center, nothing wrong with that.

For some reason I thought you were a manager for some time. If that is not the case, my sincere apologies.

its probably not the first time you were wrong here, considering your quick attack on me certainly not your first time you have shown your ass, is it the first time you have apologized here and if so what was the motivation. Are you trying to retain your standing here with the site owners or did you have a rare moment of sincerity and remorse?