Poll - is this an attack

Does this comment justify a flame

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tieguy

Banned
A poster on this site has justified the following comment as reason enough to flame me in response:

Go to a health spa and watch people push theirselves to their maximum abilities. Watch those same people work at ups and you would hear them crying how the boss is working them to hard.:happy-very:

Please assess the statement and provide your opinion. was this comment specifcally directed at one poster thus justifying a flamed response?

Last edited:

705red

Browncafe Steward
I will say that what one does outside of work should have nothing to do with what one does while at work.

BigBrownSanta

A poster on this site has justified the following comment as reason enough to flame me in response:

Go to a health spa and watch people push theirselves to their maximum abilities. Watch those same people work at ups and you would hear them crying how the boss is working them to hard.:happy-very:

Please assess the statement and provide your opinion. was this comment specifcally directed at one poster thus justifying a flamed response?

My assessment is:

Most workouts are 30 minutes to an hour long. Sometimes a professional bodybuilder may take upwards of 4 hours to workout. Most workouts alternate muscle groups to every other day. Most workouts allow a days rest for a muscle group to repair itself.

Having a boss try to work you at your max ability for up to 12 hours for 5 days AND encourage you to not take a lunch is no comparison to a workout and, IMO, is working you too hard.

My opinion:

The poll was unneccesary.

U

UPSNJ

In no way is it an attack... I'm a 30 year old UPS Driver in NJ I go to the gym ever morning at 6am before I go to work. I have tryed to skip the gym for it for 2 weeks and my body just hurts at the end of the day if I do. I think any who delivers for UPS, Fedex, DHL, USPS should workout at least 3-4 days a week to keep your body strong.. Its a BIG help!

atatbl

No kiddin I come here to have fun and yes we all get into debates but I dont understand why people get mad at words on a screen:happy-very:

serious-cat.jpg

upsdude

Tie…………

Different situation but here goes. About 15 years ago a driver in my center would write up every little thing he could find on the DVIR thinking it would get him a new car. He would refuse to drive certain cars, which would lead to a stand off with management. He called OSHA, confirmed by a management person, to complain about package car condition etc.

He parked (personal car) next to me one day during all this “car drama” and I noticed something. His personal car was sporting 2 bald tires, cracked windshield and an expired Virginia inspection (safety) sticker.

I always wondered why he didn’t refuse to drive his car or if he would call the police to report himself?

BTW, the icon at the end of your post should have been a clue to others that you were not being mean spirited. :wink2: