POLL: With the details of the Tentative Agreement out, What is your vote?

What is your vote with the details available in the 2013 Tentative Agreement?

• Yes

Votes: 33 13.8%
  • No

Votes: 207 86.3%

• Total voters
Yes that hall sure is a people. If only East coast navy was our chief negotiator everyone would live happily ever after.
Lol. I might not no much on what goes on in those meetings or do I play golf. But any one with a half of a brain could have seen that. But I guess the golfing gives you the edge. If that's the case then we should have gotten Tiger Woods to be are chief negotiator.

hypo hanna

As a long term FedEx employee I hope you guys vote this one down then get a great contract just before you are scheduled to go out. One it could force our worthless management to pay us better in order to compete and two, it would have them salivating over that potential package volume that would be pulled off the table just as they sat down to eat it. Even if you did go on strike, most of us aren't going to put out any extra effort to move that freight. We remember the sorry pittance of a bonus we got for killing ourselves during the last brownout.

Although the Brown Cafe accounts for only a small portion of UPS's workforce , I would like to gauge the consensus of our unions reaction to this proposal/agreement.

---
Yes being if you agree with the tentative agreement and would like to go forward with ratifying it to become our new five (5) year contract

No If you do NOT agree with the tentative agreement and would like for our union representatives to go back to the negotiation tables
---

Maybe this can work as an indicator on a smaller scale.

I do this because SOMETHING tells me not to trust the 'behind closed door' ballot counts totally (Swayed votes, "missing" yes or no voted ballots etc...). so hopefully this and other forms of public petitions can let us know what's REALLY the voice of the union for all to see.

May even wanna sticky it to keep up to date on the votes until the real voting deadline.
Over 7000 members viewed this post but only 165 members voted. I'm a no vote but I can't even blame the yes voters. At least they know what they want. No wonder are contracts are crap or just ok. You can't blame the IBT 100% for this. The members are the biggest problem. If they would get in evolved union would o strong. We don't need to go on strike all the time. We did have the company by the balls on this one and people were so wearied about the healthcare that we missed all the other issues at hand. Some people think that all the good this we get in are contracts are because the company is nice and the just say here. It's because the union and the members fought and sacrifice for what we have. The non voters you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Moneythehardway

Over 7000 members viewed this post but only 165 members voted. I'm a no vote but I can't even blame the yes voters. At least they know what they want. No wonder are contracts are crap or just ok. You can't blame the IBT 100% for this. The members are the biggest problem. If they would get in evolved union would o strong. We don't need to go on strike all the time. We did have the company by the balls on this one and people were so wearied about the healthcare that we missed all the other issues at hand. Some people think that all the good this we get in are contracts are because the company is nice and the just say here. It's because the union and the members fought and sacrifice for what we have. The non voters you should be ashamed of yourselves.

This is true.

Over 7k views i'm sure at LEAST 1,000 of them are unique views and only about 165 votes. Now this is just a poll for the hell of it and no one HAS to participate but this is soooo an indicator of the real world with our union. A lot of hooting and hollering but when it's time to get our hands dirty (going to meetings, calling, emailing and contacting our reps to let them know how we feel, doing things to get the word out like printing info and handing it out etc...) alot of cold feet appear, so you know what, I can't even blame if things don't go our way until I see us actually take a stand.

People WAKE UP! Our FUTURE is on the line and WE control the destiny of it. Thats IF get involved or we can lay down and take whatever our negotiators partnered, yes partnered with UPS want to lay on us .which for alot of us is not the best that can be had.

oldupsman

Fraid so ... the most involved come to brown cafe and even they do care that much.
TA passes 2 to 1.
Over half the ballots returned will be done so by the spouse of the driver.
​"Get your silly ass back out there and bring home the bacon!"

Gee Hoax your odds are changing. You started out saying it would pass with 80% yes vote. There's no doubt the Teamsters are for the
first time ever getting some serious negative feedback. I think you're overplaying the spouse theory. Besides why would the spouse be
happy about downgraded health care for her children.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Union members not evolved?

As a long term FedEx employee I hope you guys vote this one down then get a great contract just before you are scheduled to go out. One it could force our worthless management to pay us better in order to compete and two, it would have them salivating over that potential package volume that would be pulled off the table just as they sat down to eat it. Even if you did go on strike, most of us aren't going to put out any extra effort to move that freight. We remember the sorry pittance of a bonus we got for killing ourselves during the last brownout.
About time some real logic. This is how it works union or not. We as the workers need to make a stand for a honest pay. Anyone that thinks we are paid very well is dead wrong. That's because the working class of America is been under inflation sense the 70's. For those that compare us to GM. You are crazy, they had three competitors for the last 70 years. Then Japan came in. Tell me what shipping company over seas is close to what ups is. DHL? Come on people, making a stand is not too going to put things company to its knees. The investors and the nation will not allow it. We as the working class have to make a stand for all the working class.

Justaname

Yes, I will still have great health bennies and receive substantial raises. I'm blessed to work for a company offering this and having a union to protect me from hurrassment.

rpoz11

The ideal would be to have one national Teamster health plan. Can you imagine the bargaining power the union would have when shopping around for the best plan?

Interestingly, I thought the very same thing.
After some thought, while walking in one day with my building's Business Agent, I suggested this and passed along another idea of inviting other national unions into a national HC system.

He said it would never work.

My BA is selling this proposal as hard as he can.

I have lost all respect for him as our BA.

mrwiliker

I am also apalled at how our union reps are trying to sell us out on this ta. definite no vote for me and my coworkers!

Last edited:

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I'm starting to feel. The union will not let this contract fail. If you understand what i mean. They gave a half hearted effort. Imo. Every yr I don't trust the union. More and more. The union needs Ups to even survive. That's Why Ups has the upper hand in negotiations for every contract. And,they know it.
Us 20yr plus guys are now an expense to the union. Will they really fight to save you your job. If management dreams up a dishonesty theory. Sure it goes to a panel. Your fate belongs to 5 people who are payed way too much. And, don't really care about some ya who. They know nothing about. Ups will use this without a doubt. It's the heartless truth. We all know this.

rudy5150

Word is not getting out fast enough, there should be more votes on this poll. If my fellow brothers and teamsters want this TA not to pass you have to get active at your center and talk to everyone and tell them this is a crappy contract and to vote.