Poor Amazon..

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
This only applies to commercial applications, but here is a summary of the proposed regulations:

• Unmanned aircraft must weigh less than 55 lbs. (25 kg).
  • Visual line-of-sight (VLOS) only; the unmanned aircraft must remain within VLOS of the operator or visual observer.
  • At all times the small unmanned aircraft must remain close enough to the operator for the operator to be capable of seeing the aircraft with vision unaided by any device other than corrective lenses.
  • Small unmanned aircraft may not operate over any persons not directly
    involved in the operation.
  • Proposes a microUAS option that would allow operations in Class G airspace, over people not involved in the operation, provided the operator certifies he or she has the requisite aeronautical knowledge to perform the operation.
  • Daylight-only operations (official sunrise to official sunset, local time).
  • Maximum airspeed of 100 mph (87 knots).
  • Maximum altitude of 500 feet above ground level.

Overpaid Union Thug

We don't make crap on their packages so I'm not too worried about it anyway.

Why would you not care? Maybe YOU aren't worried about Amazon and maybe YOU aren't happy with the profits on Amazon packages but plenty of other people are. The additional work would provide jobs for plenty of UPSers (and those not yet employed at UPS) around the country and keep work out of the hands of our competition. But I guess only those of us that care about the success and growth of the very company we work for "worry" about silly little details like that.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why would you not care? Maybe YOU aren't worried about Amazon and maybe YOU aren't happy with the profits on Amazon packages but plenty of other people are. The additional work would provide jobs for plenty of UPSers (and those not yet employed at UPS) around the country and keep work out of the hands of our competition. But I guess only those of us that care about the success and growth of the very company we work for "worry" about silly little details like that.
Growth at zero profit means nothing for a company as old as ups. Just look at the 4th quarter.

Doesn't really matter we are never going to see 100% of Amazon packages and we couldn't handle the volume anyway.

Overpaid Union Thug

Growth at zero profit means nothing for a company as old as ups. Just look at the 4th quarter.

Doesn't really matter we are never going to see 100% of Amazon packages and we couldn't handle the volume anyway.

So you are saying it wouldn't be a good thing to get more volume from Amazon, which we could handle actually with some expanding we need need anyway, and provide more jobs for people just because you could care care less? Man, I'm glad you aren't in sales. Or maybe your are. They seem to be lacking lately.

And our fourth quarter wasn't the epic train wreck many in upper management would have you believe. It just wasn't.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
We don't make crap on their packages so I'm not too worried about it anyway.

From what I've seen, an 'Amazon Sort' is a pretty sweet gig for inside workers-PT or 22.3. Lots of smalls so the manager usually gets good #s, overall pkgs are pretty light for unloaders, sorters, & loaders.

Would definitely need more drivers, trucks, even expand or add centers, at least around here.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So you are saying it wouldn't be a good thing to get more volume from Amazon, which we could handle actually with some expanding we need need anyway, and provide more jobs for people just because you could care care less? Man, I'm glad you aren't in sales. Or maybe your are. They seem to be lacking lately.

And our fourth quarter wasn't the epic train wreck many in upper management would have you believe. It just wasn't.
I don't believe it was a failure I don't think upper management does but Wall Street did and that's all that matters.

Sure Amazon could add a lot of jobs for what 2-3 years. I mean they aren't signing a 20 year contract they could switch very easily then We would be screwed. That's why I am not worried about Amazon volume. I'd love volume from tons of other companies but not Amazon.

You said we would be golden with more Amazon. Low profit volume would not turn out well for us in the long run.

Overpaid Union Thug

I don't believe it was a failure I don't think upper management does but Wall Street did and that's all that matters.

Sure Amazon could add a lot of jobs for what 2-3 years. I mean they aren't signing a 20 year contract they could switch very easily then We would be screwed. That's why I am not worried about Amazon volume. I'd love volume from tons of other companies but not Amazon.

You said we would be golden with more Amazon. Low profit volume would not turn out well for us in the long run.

Low profit volume (which you called zero profit earlier) is better than zero. Low profit volume plus any other profitable volume provides stable jobs that strengthen the local economy (including shopping more on Amazon and from our other more profitable online shippers) and additional cash flow for the company that can be invested in expansion. So you see....you are clearly missing the mark on this one. We need Amazon and we'd be better off getting more of their volume. Preferably all of it.

JL 0513

It does concern me that 40% or so of my daily stops are Amazon. How long can this last? I don't want that much dependence on a single company that can easily change the way they ship in a relatively short period of time.