Poorly loaded trucks vs Do it yourself

Our new management is determined we pre-loaders wrap up (that is, fully load) our trucks before the drivers get there.

Given the high volume of packages at my center, this often leads to a complete catastrophe in many trucks everyday.

Do more with less. I get it.

I'm determined to make the best loads possible for my drivers. That's my job. To serve my drivers. So would you rather have everything fully loaded, jam packed, and "ready" to go before you get there? Or do you prefer to have a walk-way, and perhaps leave some irregs behind (and adjacent) to your truck.

I'm determined to be smart about this and just want to make things easy for my drivers. Thanks.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Our new management is determined we pre-loaders wrap up (that is, fully load) our trucks before the drivers get there.

Given the high volume of packages at my center, this often leads to a complete catastrophe in many trucks everyday.

I'm determined to make the best loads possible for my drivers. That's my job. To serve my drivers. So would you rather have everything fully loaded, jam packed, and "ready" to go before you get there? Or do you prefer to have a walk-way, and perhaps leave some irregs behind (and adjacent) to your truck.

I'm determined to be smart about this and just want to make things easy for my drivers. Thanks.
You work as directed....if you're told to bulk out your trucks...bulk them out. But don't just throw crap in haphazardly...make it in order and neat....keep labels facing up or towards the bulkhead door...and keep bulk stops together. Nothing pisses off a driver like a 130 lb box label face down on the floor.

barnyard

KTM rider
In my center, it is really, really easy to see the difference between a preloader that has worked as a helper and one that has not. Loading with delivery in mind is very different than the way preloaders are trained.

Z

ZQXC

You work as directed....if you're told to bulk out your trucks...bulk them out. But don't just throw crap in haphazardly...make it in order and neat....keep labels facing up or towards the bulkhead door...and keep bulk stops together. Nothing pisses off a driver like a 130 lb box label face down on the floor.

Once again, I wish you were my loader.

brown bomber

brown bomber
I used to unload and reload my truck a few times a year, in the middle of a shopping center parking lot. I always informed Mgt. when I was going to do that, and prior to that I would drive by the center manager's office to let them see the cluster FF, I was dealing with

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont

Last Friday, the district manager walked our belt cause its ranked last in the whole building. All he did was look around and noticed the usual stacking method outside the car. Well sir ill tell you why theres misloads and cages full at 830. Theres too much sh coming down and loaded too quickly. Bottom line!

upsbeernut

Sorry everyone I do sort my truck before I go the best I can with limited room for survival purposes. I know working off the clock is bad and so is my programmed load with a screwed up d.o.l. that was made 2 years ago without my impute for consideration.

upsbeernut

Just please don't put my 30 pcs bulk stop on the 3000 shelf and the other 35 stops all over the floor.
The funny thing is they have the bulk stops preprinted on the load diagram. No one looks at it cause their too busy putting the 30 PC. Bulk stop on the 3000 shelf so all the single stops have no room .

oldngray

nowhere special
The funny thing is they have the bulk stops preprinted on the load diagram. No one looks at it cause their too busy putting the 30 PC. Bulk stop on the 3000 shelf so all the single stops have no room .

Preload can get a print out of all the projected stops going on each car before they start loading and if they see a stop is getting 30 packages they should have enough sense to drop that stop down to the floor to leave room for the other 20 stops in that section.

Indecisi0n

Preload can get a print out of all the projected stops going on each car before they start loading and if they see a stop is getting 30 packages they should have enough sense to drop that stop down to the floor to leave room for the other 20 stops in that section.
My loader doesn't even understand how to "drop down" correctly. When the 3000 section fills up he drops the rest into the 4000 shelf instead of the floor.

Would you prefer your 20-30 piece bulk stop under the shelf where it belongs? Or would you prefer it RDL / RDR when space is available?

I guess it really all depends. And a considerate pre-loader should have the common courtesy, and judgement to make it happen.

Also, thank you for your input. And being able to tolerate an often poor excuse for a load. If you have any other advice, please let me know. Thank you.

Indecisi0n

Would you prefer your 20-30 piece bulk stop under the shelf where it belongs? Or would you prefer it RDL / RDR when space is available?

I guess it really all depends. And a considerate pre-loader should have the common courtesy, and judgement to make it happen.

Also, thank you for your input. And being able to tolerate an often poor excuse for a load. If you have any other advice, please let me know. Thank you.
Honestly while your new don't try to please drivers too much or you'll drive yourself crazy. Just use common sense. Drop bulk to the floor but keep it together. I don't care where you load it as long as its together and you tell me.