Poorly loaded trucks vs Do it yourself

Tough Guy

There are some places on certain belts where it's pretty much impossible to neatly load. The loaders would need a certain amount of time in each truck to line things up in order.

Personally, in very picky about how my truck is loaded. If a box says 4120, that's where I want it, not thrown in arbitrarily somewhere around 4900.

That, and unsecured shelves, that will dump on the floor at first turn, are two things that come to mind for me.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
On the other hand, a majority I've the drivers I've loaded for will look out for you so long as you look out for them-- by, you know, loading the truck instead of piling boxes on top of each other, for instance.

It's nice to know you can have a misload or two and your drivers, more often than not and when capable, will handle it themselves instead of sheeting it up.

I always try to go above and beyond for drivers that do that kind of stuff. Ironic part is they also seem to be the most capable drivers to begin with (again, in my experience).

Yeah, some drivers are cool.

saskat

The "misload" reports are a joke because they typically don't address missed ad-cuts (that come when you're trying to wrap) or bad pals. I was charged with a misload when the package, heading to another state, was address corrected to one of my cars - 3 days in a row.

My assignment used to include two cut cars. Each day I'd have an average of 12 pages of cuts. Sometimes the sheets wouldn't arive until after I'd already loaded a third of my volume. The worst by far though was when they would build one of my cars. I'd be getting a bin full of packages from all over the centre and most of them weren't imprinted, just written on. I trusted that they were right. Stupid mistake. One day I had three boxes for the car that were mislabeled as now belonging to my car. I argued that those weren't really my misloads, but my pt sup didn't care that it really wasn't my fault.

Sent using my Commodore 64

DrewKane

You can wipe your :censored2: with the load diagram....the numbers are rarely accurate. Today I had on that listed 2 bulk stops...and yet I had 5...and the total piece count said 242..when it was well over 300. Another another way for Brown to waste more paper.

Or how about when there are multiple bulk stops and the forecast diagram shows there are none. That happens all the time.

J

jibbs

We look at load sheets as a work-in-progress where I work. They can be helpful (not always, though), but they're not the final word on what you'll be loading for a given day. If it were, there'd be no need for add-cuts at the end of every day.