Popping my clutch tommorow.

Stopher

Filing my first grievence tommorow over rte selection. 3 lower senility drivers went out on routes that I tried to get. Said they didn't know them and they needed the best asses in the seats. Couldn't get a rte this year that was even halfway decent so I'm gonna file. This :censored2: has to stop. Last time I checked ups was a seniority based company.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Filing my first grievence tommorow over rte selection. 3 lower senility drivers went out on routes that I tried to get. Said they didn't know them and they needed the best asses in the seats. Couldn't get a rte this year that was even halfway decent so I'm gonna file. This :censored2: has to stop. Last time I checked ups was a seniority based company.
UPS is not a seniority based company ... that is where the Union comes into play.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Depends on what local you're in because not getting a route is not grievable. In central, management assigns and you work as directed. Past practice in our center has been the higher seniority driver can take whatever leftover route that is available and then the next guy can do the same. Lately though, they have been not allowing bumps. Nothing in this company is consistent.

Stopher

Depends on what local you're in because not getting a route is not grievable. In central, management assigns and you work as directed. Past practice in our center has been the higher seniority driver can take whatever leftover route that is available and then the next guy can do the same. Lately though, they have been not allowing bumps. Nothing in this company is consistent.
I'm southeast. It's allowable. Time to take the power back. We have really good hardcore union reps.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
image.jpg

Second paragraph, Southern Supplement, Art 48, section 6. This is an easy win, grieve any lesser senority non bid driver working more hours and get double time, you're welcome.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Not such an easy win. It says seniority will be "considered," not seniority will be honored.
You can't consider senority if you don't use it in a determining factor in job selection. In other words, you can't consider senority without honoring it, it's quite simple. Also consider the fact this employee had a steward with him and reasonable efforts would be to place a lower senority driver on the route with ORION, using their own tools against them. A reasonable solution would be to honor his senority and allow him to choose the route he'd like to run.

Besides the fact we've already greived this and won many many times. Just thought I'd toss in some factors for you to consider if you're playing devils advocate.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
You can't consider senority if you don't use it in a determining factor in job selection. In other words, you can't consider senority without honoring it, it's quite simple. Also consider the fact this employee had a steward with him and reasonable efforts would be to place a lower senority driver on the route with ORION, using their own tools against them. A reasonable solution would be to honor his senority and allow him to choose the route he'd like to run.

Besides the fact we've already greived this and won many many times. Just thought I'd toss in some factors for you to consider if you're playing devils advocate.
Did not know you grieved it and won.

Can't believe it is still an issue if you have won multiple grievances on this.

Yes, I was just pointing out how ambiguous our contract is.

It leaves a lot of areas open for interpretation.

It should say seniority will be honored.....not seniority will be considered.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Did not know you grieved it and won.

Can't believe it is still an issue if you have won multiple grievances on this.

Yes, I was just pointing out how ambiguous our contract is.

It leaves a lot of areas open for interpretation.

It should say seniority will be honored.....not seniority will be considered.
Much like 9.5's, management working, ect, they will always attempt to get away with issues as long as people don't stand up and uphold the contract.