Position in JCATS

Purplepackage

Anyone ever have their manager post an internal jcats position and then not tell anyone about it?

Recently a manager did this and only told the person he wanted to bid. His reasoning was that technically the position was posted and we should have looked

dezguy

My manager never tells us about positions in the JCA that he posts. You pretty much have to pray a notification comes through to your email.

Purplepackage

I was just wondering, the kid
Who got is great for the spot, I just didn't realize you could choose to post it in the check in room I thought they had too

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
They don't usually broadcast internal JCA's at my station either. That's how I got my rural route. Management made a point to tell me it was in JCATS. They WANTED me to have it. Only thing missing was an invitation on a silver platter. It was awesome! Lol.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I was just wondering, the kid
Who got is great for the spot, I just didn't realize you could choose to post it in the check in room I thought they had too

Nope. JCATS positions don't have to be posted like a route bid, because they are for a position, not a route. You are responsible for checkin JCATS weekly if you're looking for something.

Purplepackage

This what for a 4x10 cover job, my guess is even if it was posted no one would have bid lol.

But yeah same thing happened to this guy, the manager called him and told him he should look into it *wink* *wink*

outtatime

Anyone ever have their manager post an internal jcats position and then not tell anyone about it?

Recently a manager did this and only told the person he wanted to bid. His reasoning was that technically the position was posted and we should have looked

Manager is correct, you should have looked. It's not a secret that postings go from Fri-Fri and everyone has access to the system to view them.

l22

With the 4 stations I've been in a manager has never told me about any internal JCATs positions. That's why I check every week.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Suppose someone with more seniority also wanted that position but for some reason or another did not know that it had been posted. Would that person have any recourse or would he/she be SOL?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Suppose someone with more seniority also wanted that position but for some reason or another did not know that it had been posted. Would that person have any recourse or would he/she be SOL?

They'd be SOL.

Routes are supposed to be posted on a bulletin board in the station. Positions are posted online. Or so it was explained to me.

Purplepackage

High turnover in my area. Positions posted much more frequently than that for my station. Lol.

Well we are a small station and our management really isn't bad. Before last peak we hired a couple part time guys and that was the first time in 5 years we hired anyone. ( of course after being here 8 months one of those pters is now full time)

Kind of funny too, at least 10 of us have degrees and 1 guy who has been here 27 years has 2 degrees

Whats in the Box

Yep, I got passed over by another courier who just came back from an injury and was "given" the route I was waiting for it to be posted internally. The position was posted Jcats corporate level, not internal. One of the managers must have tipped him that the listing was on Jcats. I have been fighting to get that route but in the end I got the "Sorry out of Luck" line by the hiring manager.

Purplepackage

Yep, I got passed over by another courier who just came back from an injury and was "given" the route I was waiting for it to be posted internally. The position was posted Jcats corporate level, not internal. One of the managers must have tipped him that the listing was on Jcats. I have been fighting to get that route but in the end I got the "Sorry out of Luck" line by the hiring manager.

Yeah most of the time seniority means nothing either, whoever the manager wants to get a position will get it, regardless of any other factors