Possible driver death due to heat

Indecisi0n

Not trying to get off the subject. But we had a few hot days a couple of weeks ago. They actually sent us a message to take a minute or two and cool off,and get something to drink.

Too bad she didn't get the same.

Sorry if I'm too far off on this topic.
Honestly you shouldn't need a message. There been times where I sit down for a few minutes catch my breath and cooling down in the shady. Safety first right?

S

selfcancelsignal

Honestly you shouldn't need a message. There been times where I sit down for a few minutes catch my breath and cooling down in the shady. Safety first right?
Yep... & adjusting to changing conditions. They like to use expect the unexpected for everything. The 2 we mentioned are my favorites to fire back with.

watdaflock?

There are days where with the heat+humidity+truck heat and us Working it is not possible for you to truly stay hydrated. Working 11-12 hour days , 5 days a week in this heat it just outrageous.
Sorry I don't buy it. I grew up on a farm. Try baling hay in this heat for 12 hours.

Plus, these guys in full gear while in Iraq were able to hydrate.
DrinkingWater031208.jpg

jaker

trolling
And pair the temps with the 19sec bulk head door being open metric they are doing , you find yourself hard press to get a drink and don't even bring up the fact that if you are on the 9.5 how much more they are watching your dead time

Johney

Sorry I don't buy it. I grew up on a farm. Try baling hay in this heat for 12 hours.

Plus, these guys in full gear while in Iraq were able to hydrate.
DrinkingWater031208.jpg
You don't buy it? How old were you when working on this farm? As well most of those guys in Iraq were probably in their early 20's at the most mid 30's? Before everyone gets in a hussy I know there were older guys & gals over there just not as many as the young guys & gals. This women appeared to be at least 50. I don't know about you but I could take the heat a heck of a lot better when I was younger. Even hydrating it beats the crap out of me now.

Edit:She graduated High School in 77 so she is a tad bit older than 50

iowa boy

Remember, we are all told to stay hydrated when its hot, but we are not allowed any in cab distractions...cell phones, diads, taking drinks of water or Gatorade. So how are we to stay hydrated when we are only allowed so many seconds from truck shut down to package selection to out the door to the delivery.

God I love this company!!!!!!!!!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Remember, we are all told to stay hydrated when its hot, but we are not allowed any in cab distractions...cell phones, diads, taking drinks of water or Gatorade. So how are we to stay hydrated when we are only allowed so many seconds from truck shut down to package selection to out the door to the delivery.

God I love this company!!!!!!!!!
If you consider a gatorade or water an in cab distraction, maybe you should see a doctor, you probably have ADD.

Box Ox

The cargo area of a package car on a 100 degree day can be absolutely breathtaking. And it's not hard for the heat to catch up with you if you're bricked out and searching for stop after stop.