Possible driver death due to heat

watdaflock?

So you are comparing trained conditioned soldiers to ups workers? Not the same thing.
The training has little to do with it. Conditioning is the key. My comparison was pointing out the hydration.

Obviously there is no comparison between being active duty military serving in a hostile country and delivering cardboard boxes*.

*Unless you're a UPS driver in Detroit or Benton Harbor, Mi. and Gary, Indiana.

Indecisi0n

The training has little to do with it. Conditioning is the key. My comparison was pointing out the hydration.

Obviously there is no comparison between being active duty military serving in a hostile country and delivering cardboard boxes*.

Because training and condition doesn't go hand-in-hand ;)

watdaflock?

It does not matter what type of shape you're in when working in a metal box with zero air circulation in 98% humidity. That does for drivers, pre/late load and sorters.
Honestly you shouldn't need a message. There been times where I sit down for a few minutes catch my breath and cooling down in the shady. Safety first right?

This. A driver should not be a driver if they are incapable of recognizing when the conditions become unsafe. Keep a cooler full of ice water and wash cloths in the cab. Sometimes cold water on you is as important as in you.

10 point

She very well may have received a similar message.

Do we really need to be told to take a minute or two to cool off and get something to drink?
She may have also received a message that her spohr wasn't up to snuff.

You're not a 56 yr old woman.

Hostile has nothing to do with heat index, uniform color, or age.

10 point

This. A driver should not be a driver if they are incapable of recognizing when the conditions become unsafe. Keep a cooler full of ice water and wash cloths in the cab. Sometimes cold water on you is as important as in you.
Art 37 says "age and physical condition"" for a reason.

I agree hydration is a major key in avoiding heat stroke but everyone's physical condition is the same? It's not.

Maybe, at 56 yrs old, she needs this job still.

And just maybe they're on her butt about production and her steward is worthless.

watdaflock?

And just maybe they're on her butt about production and her steward is worthless.
Possibly so. My only point is someone with that much experience driving, that's a lot of summers. I'm confident a driver with that many years has experienced overheating before.

Why she allowed herself to get to that point is the question. No manager or steward is worried more about their numbers than a driver dying.

I'm sure some around here like Indecisi0n will disagree with the bolded statement above too....lol.

Last edited: