Possible future threat to UPS

bbsam

Staff member
has anyone considered that this would threaten not only UPS but all of the transportation industry? Somehow this technology will be railroaded into obscurity...probably on concerns of copyright infringement.

oldngray

nowhere special
has anyone considered that this would threaten not only UPS but all of the transportation industry? Somehow this technology will be railroaded into obscurity...probably on concerns of copyright infringement.

I was thinking they would do something like digital copyrights where you would buy or download the plan to print something limited to X copies and requiring a license key. Deadly to common carriers but allows controlled growth of the new technology.

bbsam

Staff member
I was thinking they would do something like digital copyrights where you would buy or download the plan to print something limited to X copies and requiring a license key. Deadly to common carriers but allows controlled growth of the new technology.
except it would be way easy to pirate the same way the music industry has been.

Dagoof

I just delivered a 3d printer to a house on Friday. I looked it up $499 65 pounds and the filament refills only $28. Prices are coming down to reality. It has like a 7 1/2 by 7 1/2 print area.