Possible Injury from UPS, not sure what to do please help

OldMan

The only possible way of getting this moved to workman's comp is if your doctor will write a letter stating that your injuries are job related. Because you did not disclose this in the 1st place you still are going to have a hard time.

box_beeyotch

You should have never said anything to UPS. Then you couldve went to work one day and said you hurt yourself there. Dirty and tasteless but you gotta do what you gotta do. The system caters to those who can beat it.

rod

Retired 22 years
You should have never said anything to UPS. Then you couldve went to work one day and said you hurt yourself there. Dirty and tasteless but you gotta do what you gotta do. The system caters to those who can beat it.

You hit the nail on the head there. Unfortunately every center has a certain percentage of employees who totally abuse the system and make it that much harder for the average Joe Blow to file a legitimate comp claim. The medical system is just a much to blame as anything. Most doctors will string you along forever because they are afraid of lawsuits should they release you back to work too soon.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You hit the nail on the head there. Unfortunately every center has a certain percentage of employees who totally abuse the system and make it that much harder for the average Joe Blow to file a legitimate comp claim. The medical system is just a much to blame as anything. Most doctors will string you along forever because they are afraid of lawsuits should they release you back to work too soon.

We have a local chiropractor who knows exactly how many sessions our insurance covers (16) and will make sure that his course of treatment consists of 16 sessions, whether all 16 are needed or not.

clean hairy

Recently saw a segment on one of the abc investigative shows of folks thought they could beat the system with phony worker comp claims.
They are now in jail.

SaladTosser

Kill me now
If you ever have trouble crapping or peeing, that's serious trouble. I needed a surgery for some damage in my discs. Don't take a back injury lightly.

box_beeyotch

Recently saw a segment on one of the abc investigative shows of folks thought they could beat the system with phony worker comp claims.
They are now in jail.

There's a right way and wrong way to do everything. They obviously didn't do it right. Some people just aren't smooth criminals.

box_beeyotch

It's still 100 percent possible. Ethically is it right, absolutely not...but there again, you do what you gotta do. Darwinism, survival of the fittest.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Prison guards in our area are notorious for comp fraud. It is not uncommon to hear of a guard out on comp for a back injury who is caught reshingling his roof.

box_beeyotch

You, sir, are the textbook definition of :censored2:.

Yeah because some random :censored2: on an internet forums opinion of me is going to make or break my life. You could die 30 seconds from now and I'd probably laugh about it. Before you make these comments to me, understand your wasting your time typing and your wasting mine with a notification so congratulations because I don't care. Block me and shut your mouth.