Possible Pilot Strike

8000Shelf

Yeah, I wouldn't count on many that started after the strike. You've heard of RINO's? Well, we are loaded with TINO's. Teamsters In Name Only. This mainly falls on our locals and the International, because they have been lazy. If you rarely show up where we work, and explain what the Teamsters are all about, what they can do for members and how a brotherhood is supposed to be about. I mean, leadership has to come from somewhere. The strong union guys and gals at work do their share, but the body needs a head.

That probably explains why when guys like me try to talk to the newer drivers, and help them do the job right, while at the same time, show them how to stand up for themselves, they tend to shake us off and ignore our hard-won advice. It's frustrating, because they would be better off listening, and it is a real, real bad sign of things likely to come.

What's the old political saying? All politics are local. That goes for union members also. It's great that the international and our local leaders are out trying to organize and get jobs to veterans, but if the main body is dying, what good do smaller numbers of new members do? Organizing is great, but it should be done from a position of strength. It only makes sense that potential new members would want to join something that is obviously thriving. It;s an easier sell.

So, back to the pilots. You're right; a strike won't happen. UPS will use it's political muscle to force arbitration long before a strike would happen. But, if it did, I would be on the pilot's side. I'll never forget our pilots coming down to our picket lines, telling us about their jobs, walking the lines, still in their uniforms. I'd back those guys anytime.

But not many here would.

Couldn't have said it better myself brother.
The B.A.'s on up need to get in touch!