Possible reason you won't be chosen as a package car driver

RpGodbout

2 beers and you were a .081...Must be something new in the beer. Never heard of someone being .08 after two beers but then again most people when asked, only admit to "2 beers". That cop must be an awesome cop to be able to smell the alcohol while you were driving to make a stop without you having done something else wrong.
DUI checkpoint and wats ur definition of .08 mr scientist

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
DUI checkpoint and wats ur definition of .08 mr scientist
I like that game, you can be a genius and I'll be the scientist. So far you're not doing too well but .08 means two things.

First, .08 is your BAC or blood alcohol content (by volume) so smartguy, almost 10% of your blood is alcohol.

Second, in every state in the US, .08 is legally intoxicated but what do I know right!

Last edited:

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I like that game, you can be a genius and I'll be the scientist. So far you're not doing to well but .08 means two things.

First, .08 is your BAC or blood alcohol content (by volume) so smartguy, almost 10% of your blood is alcohol.

Second, in every state in the US, .08 is legally intoxicated but what do I know right!
The sad part is, its really easy to get a .08 depending on your body composition and how much food you have in your gut lol.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
2 beers and you were a .081...Must be something new in the beer. Never heard of someone being .08 after two beers but then again most people when asked, only admit to "2 beers". That cop must be an awesome cop to be able to smell the alcohol while you were driving to make a stop without you having done something else wrong.
That would depend on the beer. A bud light no.

My 5'6" 135 lbs brother with a heavy high alcohol beer on an empty stomach..... Yeah.

scooby0048

The sad part is, its really easy to get a .08 depending on your body composition and how much food you have in your gut lol.

That would depend on the beer. A bud light no.

My 5'6" 135 lbs brother with a heavy high alcohol beer on an empty stomach..... Yeah.

You are both right however the rate alcohol metabolizes is about an hour per drink. It's not the 2 beers, it's apparently (in the OP's case) being a lightwieght and driving right after drinking those 2 beers.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You are both right however the rate alcohol metabolizes is about an hour per drink. It's not the 2 beers, it's apparently (in the OP's case) being a lightwieght and driving right after drinking those 2 beers.
I think we may have a story teller because like I said any lawyer would get a .081 pleaded down.

scooby0048

You said .08 BAC means almost 10% of your blood is alcohol.
I mean I know science is hard and all, but that's so wrong it made me laugh.

You're right, I should have said 0.08 grams of ethanol in every 100 millilitres of blood. Average male body contains between 4600 and 5200ml of blood.
Is that better?

scooby0048

You said .08 BAC means almost 10% of your blood is alcohol.
I mean I know science is hard and all, but that's so wrong it made me laugh.
You know I had to read it twice, I see what you are saying. It would appear that I wasn't paying too much attention to what I was writing. A .08 means almost 1% of bloodstream is alcohol. Good catch, thanks!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You know I had to read it twice, I see what you are saying. It would appear that I wasn't paying too much attention to what I was writing. A .08 means almost 1% of bloodstream is alcohol. Good catch, thanks!
I think the measurement itself is meant to be confusing, probably purposefully to stigmatize driving after drinking. I'm not condoning driving drunk by any means, but it's not hard to get a DUI for a .08 if you're targeted for another reason.

When I was in college I had a friend get a DUI for blowing a .04, the cutoff for under 21 drivers was .02 (zero tolerance law). I get that the laws are designed to discourage drunk driving, but some people completely capable of driving safely are bound to get shafted in that system.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
upload_2015-11-24_23-39-47.jpeg
lol