Post 2001:A Brown Odyssey

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Since my 2000th post came and went with no fanfare(thanks Stugs) I thought I would throw out a few random thoughts. Most threads morph into something barely resembling the original topic anyway so this one, much like me some days, will head off with no sense of purpose or direction.

To save the pension funds, max them out at 40 years instead of 35. Ours would be 3000 at 30 and up 100 each year to a max of 4000 per month. Many would stay and keep more in the pot for those of us that wouldn't. Dustyroads you are allowed to leave after 35:happy2:

PAS creates too many mistakes and you give up trying to keep fixing them after a while.

If center level rewards are being cut out then lose the corporate golf outings and sporting events. Give the tickets or golf pkgs to the big money shippers but no need for the District and Division Mgr's to be allowed to tag along.

The Packers will pick Favre off 3 times on Monday night.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

Me thinks - Kevin Greene may want to unretire and suit up to play!!

I think ESPN will have a ratings MONSTER on their hands.
I expect all viewing records to be smashed.
(Sorry Jerry, perhaps you should open another stadium?)

And Brown, I did notice your 2000th post. However, I am not on the BCERC. (Brown Cafe Employee Relation Committee)

I didn't want to step on STUG. :happy2:

brownrodster

To save the pension funds, max them out at 40 years instead of 35. Ours would be 3000 at 30 and up 100 each year to a max of 4000 per month. Many would stay and keep more in the pot for those of us that wouldn't. Dustyroads you are allowed to leave after 35:happy2:

PAS creates too many mistakes and you give up trying to keep fixing them after a while.

What conference are you in? Because where I am at a 30 year driver's pension is closer to 4,000 than 3,000.

As to PAS. I am new to it. And I made an effort to get some stuff fixed and ran into a brick wall. I no longer have any desire to help them fix their system.

over9five

Staff member
Man Stug, ya really dropped the ball on that one. Brown Cafe management and staff are wondering if we should cut you from the BCERC. Please do your job. Remember there are thousands lined up to take it if you can't handle it!

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Man Stug, ya really dropped the ball on that one. Brown Cafe management and staff are wondering if we should cut you from the BCERC. Please do your job. Remember there are thousands lined up to take it if you can't handle it!

I would love to apply for the job.
I just don't have enough seniority.
Besides, I really thought the man we are honoring with this thread joined in 2000.

I guess to have any future at UPS...I need to mind my numbers and forget my manners.

And to secure my future on the Brown Cafe...I need to continue shopping at Dizzee's Sercet.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I was thinking along the lines of a centerfold. Just watch out where you put the staples!:wink2:

Knight Big...Sure, you are concerned about staples hurting the centerfold, but it is okay for you to run around with a damp towel and snap it at my bootie.:wink2:

How about a series of illustrated threads with a story line in the style of Dr Suess?
Seuss, Dr., pseud. of Theodor Seuss Geisel, 1904–91, American author and illustrator of children's books, b. Springfield, Mass. His books are known for their blend of whimsy, zany humor, catchy verse, and outlandish illustrations.
We have so much known talent on Brown Cafe.
I am sure we have much more unknown talent hiding behind these avatars.

We are awesome on free style.
  • Look at the success of Sammie's Five Word Story and Tooner's Ten Word Story (in tribute to Sammie's).
  • Read Big's Elephant Tale as another example freestyle.
  • Look at the thread DS started attempting to use prose.
  • And Dizzee
Our computer wizards could turn something we spin into a printable .pdf.

Keep one or two clean - that could be shared with children that ask, "What is the Brown Cafe?"

Any thoughts or suggestions?:happy2:

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
What about pics? We could put some in that would relate to the story.

Oh yeah.

And Fethrs, You'll need a sweater this weekend when you play by the River. The weatherman indicated that a Kool Brees (spelling) might give you the chills.

A strong Brees is called a Hurricane. Hurricanes cause water to surge on the big muddy River.

I recall two times the Brees came near the River.
Katrina and at a NFL game in London.
The Brees won both contests.

Keep that sweater handy this weekend.

:happy-very:

fethrs

Nice catch Upstate, but I think she may be referring to our Fantasy Football league as our teams play each other this weekend.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
AJ, I think you may be confused--the Chargers play the Steelers on Sunday night in Pittsburgh.

Fantasy Football

I just wanted to take my smash mouth public.:happy-very:
I want team owner Poe to assist Fethrs in controlling my massive ego.
Someone helped Fethrs last week and she won big.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Since my 2000th post came and went with no fanfare(thanks Stugs).
Sorry BM, I saw you closing in on 2000, but I didn't think you'd want the fanfare.:sad-little: Oh, and like you said, this thread has wandered far far away from where you started.

What conference are you in? Because where I am at a 30 year driver's pension is closer to 4,000 than 3,000.

As to PAS. I am new to it. And I made an effort to get some stuff fixed and ran into a brick wall. I no longer have any desire to help them fix their system.
Ditto. I tried my best but they didn't budge.

You know cach, that is a great idea, a bunch of bc avatars on it. Dizzee style.
I think that picture of underwear model Klein should be the centerfold.:sick:

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Since my 2000th post came and went with no fanfare(thanks Stugs) I thought I would throw out a few random thoughts. Most threads morph into something barely resembling the original topic anyway so this one, much like me some days, will head off with no sense of purpose or direction.

Off topic....huh?

Brownmonster indicated in the opening thread that he predicted this thread will go off topic.

And it did but not that far off topic to have sand kicked in the face.:peaceful:

This is a Brown Odyssey.

Does anyone know when an odyssey begins or ends?

Did you ever want to turn left but knew you were expected to always turn right?

Why try to squeeze your signature on the tiny line?

Why color inside the lines?

over9five

Staff member
I don't think it's possible to go off topic when the topic of the original post IS that the thread will go off topic.....

Did that make sense?