Post Likes?

Nimnim

The Nim
Is there any way we could get a "dislike" option? Like is fine and all, don't see myself using it too much, but having a dislike option would help balance things out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Simply quote the post, add "-1" and your reasons for disagreeing or disliking the post in question. Conversely, use "+1" for a post that you do like and agree with.

Nimnim

The Nim
Simply quote the post, add "-1" and your reasons for disagreeing or disliking the post in question. Conversely, use "+1" for a post that you do like and agree with.

Man, that's too much effort when we're being given a link that does the +1 thing for us. Besides, I find that +1 or -1 posts are not useful, when most times there's no added content to support the decision of + or -.

Nimnim

The Nim

Nob off, you tosspot.

Yeah, somehow I didn't see that one coming.
5a6157d0.gif

Is there any way we could get a "dislike" option? Like is fine and all, don't see myself using it too much, but having a dislike option would help balance things out.
I agree, sometimes someone (no one in particular) will post something I don't like but I don't want to enter into another pissing match. A simple "dislike" would do the job.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Also, apparently there is no self liking !!!
I gotta git new glasses. I could have sworn the first time I read that, it had a c in it. That would be an interesting topic...........More, at your age, how...........?

And you felt compelled to tell everybody that? That's like phoning in at $1 a minute to record your vote of no comment!
Some people like to inflate stops, others like to run up the tally of posts. So leave da little kitty alone already.

d

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
We're testing a new likes system.

To "like" a post click the Like text link in the lower right corner of that post. The post will then display who has liked it in a small text box at the bottom of the post. Liked posts within a thread will be displayed in the upper right corner of the thread page.

Your input is welcome.

Sounds nice!

The problem is that a person will only seek out and read liked comments instead of everyones. I do that on servers where videos are played ( ebuams, CS, nothing toxic, liveleak ) and I find myself only reading + comments, as liked as well.

rod

Retired 22 years
Sounds nice!

The problem is that a person will only seek out and read liked comments instead of everyones. I do that on servers where videos are played ( ebuams, CS, nothing toxic, liveleak ) and I find myself only reading + comments, as liked as well.

I'm just the opposite. I would seek out the dislike comments. They would be way more interesting.