Post Office Deliveries

undies

Today was one of the worst days I've seen. This small postal center got 40 bags full of sure post crap. Plus another 60 singles. I know this isn't a lot in the grand scheme of post offices, but this place only runs 30 cars! Please share your stories.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Today was one of the worst days I've seen. This small postal center got 40 bags full of sure post crap. Plus another 60 singles. I know this isn't a lot in the grand scheme of post offices, but this place only runs 30 cars! Please share your stories.
It was non stop azzz rape all last night. Cut too many routes...blown out trucks....utter epic management fail and one of the worst days I've seen in years. I am not a magician....I can't fit 550+ pieces in an 800 and make it a decent load. Tonight is better..regular peak night...heavy but manageable.

TheNewKid

Every day my driver and I stop to pick up between 180 too 345 pkgs from one warehouse. (Not even all the pickups in the day.) every single day. Weighing about 25 pounds each. This may cause you to take a sip of water afterwards lol.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Every day my driver and I stop to pick up between 180 too 345 pkgs from one warehouse. (Not even all the pickups in the day.) every single day. Weighing about 25 pounds each. This may cause you to take a sip of water afterwards lol.
Try being a helper on a humid 90° day in the summertime...lol

oldngray

nowhere special
It was non stop azzz rape all last night. Cut too many routes...blown out trucks....utter epic management fail and one of the worst days I've seen in years. I am not a magician....I can't fit 550+ pieces in an 800 and make it a decent load. Tonight is better..regular peak night...heavy but manageable.

Cut routes? It was Monday so of course they cut route. IE told them it would be light as usual and corporate would not let centers add the routes that were needed. Were you surprised?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Cut routes? It was Monday so of course they cut route. IE told them it would be light as usual and corporate would not let centers add the routes that were needed. Were you surprised?
Not that they cut routes....but that they advanced us work....I'm not sure what part of my rectum the extra cardboard was supposed to fit.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
My center was a horror show. I was just over 10 and I was in early, guys over 12. But lucky for UPS we were able to cut routes and send a few guys home. More brilliance from the higher ups as Peak starts.

FiXiE.GuRL

I have a route that I load that has 300-400 packages a day and then they added the PO and it brought it to 600-700 packages a day. It took them 3 straight days in a row for them to relize it wasn't all fitting and finally made adjustments. Now instead of loading 3 cars I'm loading 2 cars plus pulling 1000+ packages for 3 different PO's that I then roll down rollers to another loader.

Gotta love unexpected Bulk..lol

FiXiE.GuRL

Attachments

• 1417533467084.jpg
    1417533467084.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 226

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have a route that I load that has 300-400 packages a day and then they added the PO and it brought it to 600-700 packages a day. It took them 3 straight days in a row for them to relize it wasn't all fitting and finally made adjustments. Now instead of loading 3 cars I'm loading 2 cars plus pulling 1000+ packages for 3 different PO's that I then roll down rollers to another loader.

Gotta love unexpected Bulk..lol
2 whole cars and pulling surepost? Wow..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Actually this is alot in the grand scheme of things....The post office is getting too much of our work and the few things the union supposedly "won" for us in the last contract to address sure post was a joke....There has to be millions of packages going to the post office a year now...less teamster jobs no matter how you spin it

feeder05

I don't know where you guys work at, but in Seattle they have been adding pc drivers all year and are still under what they need. Feeders have been hiring drivers also and will continue after the New Year. Surepost is a lousy service, packages sit there for several days before they go out for deliveries.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I don't know where you guys work at, but in Seattle they have been adding pc drivers all year and are still under what they need. Feeders have been hiring drivers also and will continue after the New Year. Surepost is a lousy service, packages sit there for several days before they go out for deliveries.
That is by design. They hold the Surepost packages that will paired with other packages for the same stop the next day. Brings some of the work back to the drivers.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
There has been lots of new feeder positions open up in the Pacific nw...especially since they expanded the Portland hub.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I have 3 post offices. One gets 2 bags plus a hand full. Another gets a hand full. The last gets a bag plus a couple boxes. My last po closes at noon. Now I deliver all the packages to resi 's. Because I don't get there till after 5 pm or so

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Actually this is alot in the grand scheme of things....The post office is getting too much of our work and the few things the union supposedly "won" for us in the last contract to address sure post was a joke....There has to be millions of packages going to the post office a year now...less teamster jobs no matter how you spin it
I'm delivering a 25-30ft uhaul full of surepost for about 50,000 people.

I'll be conservative and say 75% of that is actually in town. Virtually all of that in town should be coming to us this time of year. I later drove by at least 10 stops that I delivered to the post office. That is just the stuff I looked at and remembered. Not the 100 bags full I delivered.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That is by design. They hold the Surepost packages that will paired with other packages for the same stop the next day. Brings some of the work back to the drivers.
This makes no sense to me. Instead of holding the 5 packages for me that have a delivery for tomorrow. Give me the 30 that I drive right by today.

rod

Retired 22 years
I remember when we delivered all the package to the customers---not to the Post Office. Has anyone ever figured out how many jobs have been lost because of that hair brained idea.