Post Office Dropboxes

DONE

Got word that the post office drop boxes are gone as of next week. Anyone else hear about this yet? The purple tower is crumbling a bit more. I wonder if we will lose the post office freight that we move next?

check6ii

Got word that the post office drop boxes are gone as of next week. Anyone else hear about this yet? The purple tower is crumbling a bit more. I wonder if we will lose the post office freight that we move next?

I hope we lose it-Im sick of all the ground, mail, fast post crap.....ups is in there.

Out of curiosity, WHERE DID YOU HEAR THAT FROM????? Bet its BS

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I love it.
My PO box is my latest ready pup. I'll be able to go home much earlier if I run out of work.

worldwide

This was announced by Fedex back in July. And yes, there is a chance that Fedex will lose part of the postal contract they currently have.

"FedEx also said it is preparing to remove about 5,000 drop boxes at U.S. Postal Service locations in about 340 metropolitan areas, in line with a separate agreement that expired in June."

Fedex pays to have the drop boxes at USPS locations. If the boxes are not performing well, doesn't it make fiscal sense to remove them?

FedEx risks losing $1 billion-plus Post Office contract to UPS | Reuters

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Go for it. You'll find out real quick that they're more trouble than what they're worth.

I have 5 on my area---4 of them are very productive. 1 of them that I had added to the route is in front of a medical office complex and regularly has 3-4 NDA medical packs (urine samples) along with other returns. I have found that a little daily maintenance makes them a lot easier to handle.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I have 5 on my area---4 of them are very productive. 1 of them that I had added to the route is in front of a medical office complex and regularly has 3-4 NDA medical packs (urine samples) along with other returns. I have found that a little daily maintenance makes them a lot easier to handle.
Well have fun digging through the mail that clueless customers put in your dropboxes once they're on Postal property. Gonna take more than a little daily maintenance to stop that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well have fun digging through the mail that clueless customers put in your dropboxes once they're on Postal property. Gonna take more than a little daily maintenance to stop that.

I have that issue now--if the packages/mail can fit in a mailbox I drop them there if not I bring them to MBE and drop them there.