Post Office Woes Will Help UPS

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Post Office Woes Will Help UPS - Motley Fool

A Postal Service paper (PDF link) that The Washington Post obtained, states that "The Postal Service is facing dire economic challenges that threaten its very existence ... If the Postal Service was a private sector business, it would have filed for bankruptcy ..."

It certainly is hard to image having no more post offices, but how long can the U.S. Postal Service go on hemorrhaging money? UPS and FedEx have shown that postal delivery can make a profit. If the USPS can't do the same, it will be writing its own obituary.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
There are 3 rural post office that I have been delivering to that are being consolidated into one central location. What this means to some who need to and get their mail is they will have to drive about 50 miles round trip.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There are 3 rural post office that I have been delivering to that are being consolidated into one central location. What this means to some who need to and get their mail is they will have to drive about 50 miles round trip.

...or they can drop their P.O. Box # and use their 911 address to have their mail delivered to their house.