Post office???

804brown

It wasn't FOX News ... it was one of the Financial shows on Fox News network. That guy and the show he was on is no more part of the journalism industry than is Hannity or Olbermann.

Regardless of their socalled ideologies the corporate media is just that : CORPORATE. Some stations are more conservative, some more liberal , some centrist- but ALL are corporate- owned with a CORPORATE agenda.

As for Hannity or Olbermann, they are just talking heads saying only what they are ALLOWED to say by their corporate masters! No surprise here!

804brown

<sigh> Yet another person who can't distinguish opinion programs from news.

Not really. If you watch Fox "news" , you can see how ideology and opinion bleeds into its news reporting. Maybe they can't help themselves; it's almost comical at times.
I have no problem with them having a particular rt wing ideology, BUT DON'T CALL IT FAIR AND BALANCED!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Regardless of their socalled ideologies the corporate media is just that : CORPORATE. Some stations are more conservative, some more liberal , some centrist- but ALL are corporate- owned with a CORPORATE agenda.

As for Hannity or Olbermann, they are just talking heads saying only what they are ALLOWED to say by their corporate masters! No surprise here!

I guess I agree .. not quite sure what being Corporate means.

I guess you and I are just Corporate too just doing what our Corporate masters want us to do. :wink2:

804brown

I guess I agree .. not quite sure what being Corporate means.

I guess you and I are just Corporate too just doing what our Corporate masters want us to do. :wink2:

By corporate I mean its basic goal is to make money, not inform the public. Even if it means not allowing a broader discussion of the issues because it might OFFEND one of their sponsors or advertisers. How can a true investigation or discussion into governmental regulation of say pesticides when one of your biggest advertisers MAKES PESTICIDES-look at FOX news which also owns Dow Chemical or MSNBC owned by GE, polluter of the Hudson river.

Again, a non-corporate media outlet doesnt have it's hands tied to the profit motive; it just reports the news and challenges the status quo whereas corporate-run media has a built-in agenda . That agenda is to make a profit by any means necessary!

Finally, you and I are not corporate. We are in a union which CHALLENGES the corporate master of UPS, which is why all corporations HATE unions!

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
By corporate I mean its basic goal is to make money, not inform the public. Even if it means not allowing a broader discussion of the issues because it might OFFEND one of their sponsors or advertisers.

Ok ... now I understand.
The only other source of funding I could think of that would be worse is the government.

Out of curiosity, where do you get your news from that is not driven by making a profit or even worse, controlled by the Government?

804brown

Ok ... now I understand.
The only other source of funding I could think of that would be worse is the government.

Out of curiosity, where do you get your news from that is not driven by making a profit or even worse, controlled by the Government?

I too watch and listen to some corporate media, but acknowledging that I am only hearing part of the story. To supplement, I listen/watch public radio/tv, independent media like democracy now on pacifica radio and other non for profit websites.
I agree government run media would suck too. But even "public "tv and radio have corporate sponsors these days.