Post Peak Peak

Notretiredyet

The problem here is still not enough routes, they cut so many in the past few years its impossible. Atlanta doesn't care and allowing helpers in the first place is the reason for the problem. Never had this issue years ago when we didn't use helpers at all, putting more cars on the road would fix it but that's not gonna happen.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I hate to say I told ya'll, but yeah. We have all routes in, the only ones they cut were golf carts. I personally don't mind this as my route is more condensed than if they would have cut routes to make my planned stop count. Looks like a 6 punch this Saturday as well.

Peak, the gift that keeps on giving.

undies

Yesterday our night sort was so heavy they ran into the preload and we didn't get to leave until 10:20, NDA was ran in trace. Helpers that went out were insiders and offered driver pay to help! 13 hours again tonight! Maybe I won't get laid off after all.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Although this was a very heavy week in feeders (in the Midwest), this time of the year has always been crazy. Between the cutting of routes and pushed back start times, the post-peak period is usually worse than peak itself. It's been that way for the last 10 to 15 years. That said, they shouldn't be using helpers if they're sending drivers home, unless drivers are going home voluntarily. But don't get me started on that subject.

barnyard

KTM rider
The only time of the year that I have to call in for help because I am running out of hours is January. It is one of the reasons I am on vacation this week.

ocnewguy

Been hearing "unexpected volume" quite a bit the last week and a half. Helpers are going out from inside for the next two weeks...33/hr and the driver pay carries over to inside hours. Of course i missed the sign up...:biting:

stink219

I've been here for 18 years. It's nothing new that the post peak volume is always high 2 weeks after Christmas. UPS doesn't chose to just extend peak for what one dope said. Don't you think if they chose to increase volume all year they would? And as for the buildings that got an extension for using casuals the last 2 weeks, I assure you that was a deal that had to do with an increase in feeder work. Way too many conspiracy theorists on here. Bigfoot is fake too btw.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I don't know about the drivers here, but on Midnight the last couple days in Orlando it still feels like peak, and Wednesday was ridiculous. Come in expecting 136k volume, ran somewhere around 170k instead. I don't know what we ran tonight but it wasn't the 125k predicted. A lot of the seasonals are back and we're still working doubles.

Something about this year is telling me peak isn't stopping at Jan 1 anymore.
Peak doesn't end until the 2nd or 3rd week of January.

All of those online orders which have been steadily increasing the past decade, in some cases, must be returned. These growing #s are a big part of it. Also, I'm assuming that businesses want to reduce inventory for the new year, so pickups may be heavier? Not sure.

This is nothing new and I'm surprised at the , well, surprise!

Overpaid Union Thug

Southern supplement says no helpers after December. I'm guessing our local probably has some handshake deal that allows helpers for the first two weeks in January. Screw that. The only handshake that matters was the one that ratified the contract.

Had about 20 routes go out with helpers yesterday. Steward filed grievance.......

Now that is a good steward.