Post Peak Peak

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our center was absolutely slammed today. We all went out with Peak dispatches--they even called in a Peak driver and 22.3 to pull routes. Our mall driver banged in and the cover driver was screwed---there were more pkgs outside the pkg car than inside, including the trailer. 183 stops, 549 pkgs, 28 P/U's, 143 pkgs. No send-agains. Off on Monday.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
They should hire more drivers that's the problem!!!!!!

We were told today that every one available was on the road,yet average dispatch is 12 hours today ( i'll get 12.5 myself) When the center manager was asked why they dont put more drivers on the road he replied we had NO NEED for any more drivers. I'm just so happy to get on the 9.5 list so early in the year

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Our center was absolutely slammed today. We all went out with Peak dispatches--they even called in a Peak driver and 22.3 to pull routes. Our mall driver banged in and the cover driver was screwed---there were more pkgs outside the pkg car than inside, including the trailer. 183 stops, 549 pkgs, 28 P/U's, 143 pkgs. No send-agains. Off on Monday.

So you got 15 minutes of OT, huh?

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Rolled in at 8 tonight and 3/4 of the drivers were still out. My latest day of Peak season. I enjoy answering the question "so, are you glad your busy season is over". Might be time to extend the free period a week or 2 so we can keep the casuals and seasonals working. Brutal.

A better idea would be for UPS to hire enough drivers to get the job done so we are not working 10 11 even 12 hours.

But they just cant do it.

DS

Fenderbender
It's the same here,the last 3 days have been brutal.
I thought it was just crazy Canadian boxing day shoppers.
I hope that people that shop online run out of money soon.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We got hit heavy again, just about everybody had a Helper today. I had to give mine up to a another driver that had a no-show Helper. We got out of the building 30 minutes late because the Preload went down late, everybody had late air. We had six trailers that didn't even get processed. We were told that Monday and Tuesday will be worse.

We got hit heavy again, just about everybody had a Helper today. I had to give mine up to a another driver that had a no-show Helper. We got out of the building 30 minutes late because the Preload went down late, everybody had late air. We had six trailers that didn't even get processed. We were told that Monday and Tuesday will be worse.
thats good job security

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
This unexpected volume thing is getting old, They need to start hiring drivers, I would be happy if they would just replace the driver that left. The morning PCM “ We have 44 rts in there is nothing more we can do" Well there is hire drivers, three years ago we had 50 drivers now where down to 45. A logical guess would be that their not hiring because of the up coming contract, but this is UPS and their motto “is do more with less”. Why should they hire when they can have drivers and preload sups out delivering, and just say unexpected volume bull****.
BTW I have 11hrs of OT in three days.