Postage Discounts

TheU

Hello I am a new member here. I was hired as seasonal help as a package handler. Management told me that they want to hold on to me after the peak season so I am hoping UPS is a solid employer while I finish school.

My first questions is whether or not UPS employees get a postage discount. I do a lot of mailing and a discount on my shipments could save me a good amount of money.

Does anyone know how that works?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Hello I am a new member here. I was hired as seasonal help as a package handler. Management told me that they want to hold on to me after the peak season so I am hoping UPS is a solid employer while I finish school.

My first questions is whether or not UPS employees get a postage discount. I do a lot of mailing and a discount on my shipments could save me a good amount of money.

Does anyone know how that works?

Welcome to BC. :)
Quick answer;
No.

TheU

I guess that makes sense, could be abused rather easily.

Could create a situation where your business will only survive if you know a UPS employee.

drewed

Shankman
Cino I was told it was everything at the UPS store? ive never actually been so i dont know....but depending how your bd people are they can set up an account for you and give the commercial discount of something like 3 percent...for ground its probably the better deal around for most air services the USPS is the better deal

barnyard

KTM rider
I am assuming that you are a big ebayer, if not, this still applies... If you ship that much volume, you might talk to a sales person about an annual contract.

Turn in a sales lead on yourself, that way you will get the points too.

TB

kingOFchester

.......Turn in a sales lead on yourself........

TB

Conversation I heard the other day during a PCM

Salesman: "we need sales leads, Joe Shmoe from Center Ball Buster just got $500 for his sales leads, So turn in those leads! You are our eyes"

Driver: "Yea right......Why didn't I get my rewards card, I turned in account XYZ 6 months ago, I'm still waitting to get mine."

Salesman: "It is what it is"

Driver: "Yea, &#& that and %#% you too."
:D

New Englander

I think a lot of the sales participation all figures into how many hours the said driver is working in his route.

We all hear about how it will help add routes. Though tell that to the guy on a rural route who just added another pick up stop. Usually off the beaten path. The same guy who is not going to get relief in other spots on his route to make up for the added time of that pick up.