Postal scanners position?

Legitimyze

The people in the early mornings (4:30-9:00ish) that scan all the sure post packages, is that a separate job all together or is that just where they got placed as package handlers? I was just curious, it seems to be mostly girls that do it (I've seen 1 guy so far). That seems like a much easier job than loading/unloading, unless there is something else they do that I am not seeing. If it is a whole different job position, what is their pay like compared to a package handler?

F

FrigidAdCorrector

It's a package handler position in my building. Usually just whoever is available gets put there. If someone is nursing a pulled muscle or something they usually will do that as well since there isn't near as much strain as loading a PC.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The people in the early mornings (4:30-9:00ish) that scan all the sure post packages, is that a separate job all together or is that just where they got placed as package handlers? I was just curious, it seems to be mostly girls that do it (I've seen 1 guy so far). That seems like a much easier job than loading/unloading, unless there is something else they do that I am not seeing. If it is a whole different job position, what is their pay like compared to a package handler?
Oh and we all want the easy jobs, don't we? They are package handlers....pay is based on years worked.

Legitimyze

Oh and we all want the easy jobs, don't we? They are package handlers....pay is based on years worked.
My girlfriend is actually looking for a job, thought that would be something she could do easily.

Not going to lie though, if that was an option for the same pay then I wouldn't even have to think about it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My girlfriend is actually looking for a job, thought that would be something she could do easily.

Not going to lie though, if that was an option for the same pay then I wouldn't even have to think about it.
Grow a pair...man up and go lift packages. Welcome to UPS...where we check our :censored2:s in at the door! :blahblah:

Legitimyze

Grow a pair...man up and go lift packages. Welcome to UPS...where we check our :censored2:s in at the door! :blahblah:

I have grown a pair a long time ago, and I do lift packages. I'm not complaining at all, just inquiring about what I see others doing.

Everyone else can deny it, but the majority would take that opportunity as well. At least I admit it.

Kis124

Doing DDU work is boring heck. Altho in my building its attached to small sort. The new hires that can't hack loading are put there until they need them in the unload. You can't pay me enough to work there for a whole shift. Ill fill in at the end to help wrap up, but no thanks.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Dr.Brownz

I had top seniority among the local sort for about 2 months and I always took smalls sort because who the hell wants to lift up heavy :censored2:? Who did what job was always decided based on seniority. Let the noobs who don't know how to sort load and unload.

danir

I'm female and load four trucks where most get three. Blobs do not get you easy jobs. They do give the easy jobs to the people who can't do the loading

Sent using BrownCafe App