Postal Worker shot and Killed..night delivery.

DontThrowPackages

http://postalnews.com/postalnewsblo...while-delivering-mail-at-720-pm-in-dc-suburb/
It appears a home owner shot and killed a mailman because he was delivering in the dark.
I had to hear this story from a customer. Management is told, imo, not to make drivers aware of stories like these because it may effect profits if drivers decline delivering at zero dark thirty.
Please be careful out there. And if you have gun nuts on your rte, bypass them after sundown.

whenIgetthere

While I have never had a gun pulled on me in some of our remote areas, the regular drivers all have a story or two about wackos out there pulling guns on them if they even turn around in their driveway (if you could call some of them driveways). Tragic, these jobs are not worth someone's life.

B

bowflex

Really it comes down to race? Im in this country because your ancestors brought us here. Deal with it. Now im sitting here in my 3600 sq ft house wondering why you are so mad. Haha get your stuff straight and dont worry about others.

Sent from device_name using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Couldnt agree more overflowed. Theres bad seeds in every race. That comment if you feel that way keep that to yourself. Not cool dude at all.

DontThrowPackages

Black on black violence? Say it isn't so.
Another kid from the suburbs goes into a school with a gun... What's your point? This kid was 26 years old performing his duties as a postman. Gun nuts are so paranoid they look for an excuse to blow someone away. Even someone makes a u-turn in a driveway IN A FEDEX TRUCK and the owner comes out of his house with a gun? Whats he's afraid of? Someone walking in on his Meth lab? This isn't normal behavior. We have a courier here, who came from a bad situation(mob), if some nut killed a guy like that, his family would go to war on the shooter. Shooter and his family gone.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Before someone misinterprets, my point was, his shooting had nothing to do with being Black. He was in a bad area, and in the wrong place at the wrong time. From what I saw on the news, mail carriers had previous problems there.

fredup

The only racist comment I see on this post is bowflex, just by assuming everyone else is white. Gun nuts come in all races dude.

B

bowflex

My comment was racist? Then my actions today will be even more racist. Im giving xmas gifts to two white employees at my hub. They were to two people that went out of their way to help me when I first started driving. Yep im racist. Give me a break, I could careless what color a person is I make fun of my people everyday when they walk through the streets with their pants down to their ass. Equal opportunity racist if anything. Have a safe day!

Sent using BrownCafe App

CJinx

I saw an asian name on a package addressed to the mall, so my first two phone calls went to the thai restaurant and the nail salon located in the mall... Does that make me a racist? lol