Posting pictures of your Pc(load)

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Savvy412, May 27, 2016.

1. Savvy412

Savvy412 Active Member

Im on a pretty big Facebook Ups driver group, and everyone is always posting pictures of their :censored2:ty load. I always want to contribute but I get paranoid and dont.

Am I right to be paranoid?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

That feeling isn't paranoia, it's the feeling something ain't right about it. It's like milk in the fridge that's a week old but you're not sure if you should drink it. Sure it will probably be ok, but one time it won't be, and you'll regret it.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. undies

undies Active Member

It's not worth it. I'm paranoid too.

4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I think they call that common sense.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. FilingBluesFL

FilingBluesFL Well-Known Member

I heard a guy got pulled in the office for a picture he shared on one of those groups. No joke.

Not sure what the picture was, or why, but he went in for half an hour with a steward.

6. brown bomber

brown bomber brown bomber

just drive by the center managers office, and stop.....let the traffic back up, open the bulkhead door...invite a few management folks into the cab to let them view the cluster fork. Then tell them you won't be back until 10:00 PM,..then keep messaging them throughout the day. I rarely used this tactic, but if I was screwed before I left the bldg., it worked

I used to also inform Mgt., that after delivering my air I was going to empty my Pkg. car in the middle of a retail parking lot and reload it. On more than one occasion a part-time preload sup. showed up to assist me,..probably should have filed on this

If a crap load is gonna cost me 2 hrs., I'd let them know

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

Yes.

Don't.

8. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

If any of friends own a drone with camera ask her/him to pic of load at one of your stops.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  9. dookie stain

dookie stain Well-Known Member

I've heard you can get fired for that...is it cause ups doesn't want the world knowing how crappy they treat their drivers? But what could they actually fire you for

10. FilingBluesFL

Never underestimate how creative they can get when they are looking to terminate someone.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. dookie stain

Yea I totally get that but I'm just wondering how that termination would stand

12. dookie stain

Thought this was in the other thread about recording convos haha whoops

13. FilingBluesFL

Depends on a lot of factors. One would be prior discipline. Taking pictures on company time could be construed as stealing time. Dishonesty, etc. if you try to deny it or say you didn't when they have proof you did.

14. FilingBluesFL

Dammit, son. Less Jim Beam next time.

15. dookie stain

Haha haven't even started yet

16. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Not when you are documenting evidence.... to supplement your complaint to OSHA.

-Bug-

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. FilingBluesFL

For sure. But taking a picture of your load, and then immediately or some time later posting it on social media and complaining about it is clearly not documenting anything for OSHA.

18. MendozaJ

MendozaJ Active Member

Stealing time.

19. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

I have not had them look at the load, but sent in a message the other day at 11:00 am saying "great dispatch eta 2200". Shockingly, not a peep out of them

20. Box Ox

Box Ox Camacho for President!

Yeah, just don't do it. If you have to take a picture, just show it to your wife, girlfriend, partner or whatever and have a good cry together.

UPSers already get it. We know how the loads can get. So UPSers showing other UPSers their loads isn't all that productive anyway.

If the (subconscious?) objective is really do get a decision maker at UPS to see it and make some changes, just invite your management team over before you leave in the morning and tell them you'll be making the big bucks that day.