Posting pictures of your Pc(load)

Overpaid Union Thug

How is the bold to be interpreted? My center manager has in the past threatened to fire me for stealing time for merely checking the time on my cell phone. That seems to read employees can send and receive texts while on the clock?

Examples of policy terms regarding photography and recording referenced in the general counsel’s March 18 memorandum that were deemed unlawful include the following:

• “Taking unauthorized pictures or video on company property” is prohibited.
  • “No employee shall use any recording device including but not limited to, audio, video, or digital for the purpose of recording any [Employer] employee or [Employer] operation.”
  • A total ban on use or possession of personal electronic equipment on employer property.
  • A prohibition on personal computers or data storage devices on employer property.
  • Prohibition from wearing cell phones, making personal calls or viewing or sending texts “while on duty.”
Like I said a few posts back......just because UPS puts that crap in their little policy manual doesn't mean it overrides rulings by the NLRB. We just all need to be careful though. UPS really can fire us for whatever they want. They do that knowing damn well we'll be back but do it anyway because of the potential financial hardship we'd go through while going through the grievance procedure. They know that many of us won't press certain issues for that very reason. They are crooked snakes to the core. The very worst of the kind.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I wonder how they would feel about an employee posting on this forum while on the clock.
I couldn't tell you personally. I don't know how any of you get work done when I see that you've posted all day. And the amount of guys who post constantly all day on the closed UPS Facebook pages is ridiculous. I'm too busy doing......oh I don't know.......MY JOB....... to be posting stuff on the internet.

FilingBluesFL

I couldn't tell you personally. I don't know how any of you get work done when I see that you've posted all day. And the amount of guys who post constantly all day on the closed UPS Facebook pages is ridiculous. I'm too busy doing......oh I don't know.......MY JOB....... to be posting stuff on the internet.

Yeah, but not all of those groups are closed, and some are open to public view. And they ARE watching.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Yeah, but not all of those groups are closed, and some are open to public view. And they ARE watching.

Even so, if I owned my own multi-billion dollar company and I knew my employees were spending their day posting stuff on internet web boards or social media, they wouldn't be my employees anymore.
There are people who claim they only post at lunch or on break. Well I can tell you, some of these guys must get 10 breaks a day. :rolleyes:

wayfair

swollen member
Even so, if I owned my own multi-billion dollar company and I knew my employees were spending their day posting stuff on internet web boards or social media, they wouldn't be my employees anymore.
There are people who claim they only post at lunch or on break. Well I can tell you, some of these guys must get 10 breaks a day. :rolleyes:

so what do you do when you're waiting on the elevator? shine the wheels on your dolly?

(just jokes man)