Posting Preload Start Times

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Can anyone tell me what the contract says about start times? Every week...primary, unload and the other 2 centers start times are posted Thursday for the following week. In my Center lately nothing is ever posted. We are told when we leave, or texted that afternoon for the following day lately to screw us out of time.
For example when I left Friday, my center manager said start time was 3 a.m. Monday. I got a text from my PT sup an hr ago that the start time tomorrow is now 330....can they do that?

By The Book

Can anyone tell me what the contract says about start times? Every week...primary, unload and the other 2 centers start times are posted Thursday for the following week. In my Center lately nothing is ever posted. We are told when we leave, or texted that afternoon for the following day lately to screw us out of time.
For example when I left Friday, my center manager said start time was 3 a.m. Monday. I got a text from my PT sup an hr ago that the start time tomorrow is now 330....can they do that?
Sounds shady to me. Was it posted consistently before?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My point being if the start time was posted for 3am...they'd have to start me then..,.but I can't prove my center manager told me 3am on Friday.

J

jibbs

I can't find the language in the contract about start times and what kind of notice employees need to be given prior to a start-time-change.

I've been told that start time changes must be posted 24hrs prior to the effected day's start time. If they give you less than 24hrs notice via text message, I would show up at 3am and clock in.

"I didn't get any text message, what are you talking about?"

And then they'll have you wait around or do something pretty trivial while you wait for the amended start time. I've done it twice, got paid from the original posted start time both times it happened.

I'll keep looking for it in the contract, though.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I can't find the language in the contract about start times and what kind of notice employees need to be given prior to a start-time-change.

I've been told that start time changes must be posted 24hrs prior to the effected day's start time. If they give you less than 24hrs notice via text message, I would show up at 3am and clock in.

"I didn't get any text message, what are you talking about?"

And then they'll have you wait around or do something pretty trivial while you wait for the amended start time. I've done it twice, got paid from the original posted start time both times it happened.

I'll keep looking for it in the contract, though.
I think you're right about 24 hours notice. I only know that the start time Tuesday through Friday can only be a max of 30 min later than the start time Monday...that's in my supplement.

J

jibbs

Probably a stupid question, but did you check your supplement for an answer to your original question in this thread?

By The Book

My point being if the start time was posted for 3am...they'd have to start me then..,.but I can't prove my center manager told me 3am on Friday.
They may have some wiggle room to notify you say 2 hours before scheduled start, but this verbal start time texting you bs has to stop. The posted start times is the only official way to also let the lower guys who is on layoff also.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
They may have some wiggle room to notify you say 2 hours before scheduled start, but this verbal start time texting you bs has to stop. The posted start times is the only official way to also let the lower guys who is on layoff also.
No layoffs..,we're in the middle of summer peak..and they're trying to curb the OT i think.
Is it something I can file on?

By The Book

Is it something I can file on?
If it was posted say 3:00 start and you showed up and they said we told you 3:30 to start maybe. Without it being posted it seems to always cause problems. Get the steward to talk to your manager who does the schedule and request it be posted. As of now with it not being posted there is nothing on paper to file on.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Any start time change must be given within 24 hours of start time. So, unless he texted you at 3:00 am this morning then your start time remains 3am.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Any start time change must be given within 24 hours of start time. So, unless he texted you at 3:00 am this morning then your start time remains 3am.

This.

The only exception to the 24 hr rule would be emergency conditions, i.e.-weather.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The PT's on our preload are never given any notice for start times on Fridays. It's a day-to-day thing. No wonder morale is also at an all-time low. :D This is where it's nice being FT and having a set start time. But I do feel bad for the preloaders who's start time are adjusted on a whim with less than 24 hours notice.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The PT's on our preload are never given any notice for start times on Fridays. It's a day-to-day thing. No wonder morale is also at an all-time low. :D This is where it's nice being FT and having a set start time. But I do feel bad for the preloaders who's start time are adjusted on a whim with less than 24 hours notice.
Only because they let it happen.