potential problems with "ups freight"

monte first of all overnite ups freight is not union. to be honest with you i think the teamsters will have a hard time with that. first i live in richmond overnite has a top notch name here second there pension and bens are good. . they would only gain pay there pension is close enough to atlantic teamsters. they get two bonus ayear. and would have to get one hell of a contract to switch. good luck teamsters but richmond will not be a cake walk

worldwide

monte said "Fedex Express...UPS's largest competitor would not even take a package from a UPS customer while there employees were striking."

That's rich...You expect anyone to beleive that? You think Fred S believes this? Volume at Express stayed flat and did not increase during the Teamsters strike in '97? Sure. Where do you think those extra packages came from?

"You crossed a picket line at least twice a day and replaced someone who was picketing for something he or she believed in. HAHAHAHA...Your in UPS management also huh??"

First of all, you do not know me so why are you making ASSumptions?

So if someone does not beleive the viewpoints of someone else or a certain group and does not do what they say, they are wrong? Sounds like you would fit in well with the Taliban.

During the recent transit workers stike in NYC, you would expect people to sit at home to show their support of the strikers instead of taking alternate transportation? After all, alternate transportation is disagreeing with the strikers. I guess all those taxi drivers should not have accpeted the extra business becuase they were not supporting the strikers. By your definition, those seeking alternate transportation are nothing "but a piece of ****."

Still waiting for you to answer what you first brought up. Please post what the "last, best and final offer" was and what the final contract was. How, specifically, did UPS not negotaite in "good faith?" You brought it up so you must know, correct?

One last item on the Teamsters strike in 1997 from Leo Troy, a Professor of Economics at Rutgers University.

"Initiated ostensibly for the usual bargaining purposes--wages and the conditions of employment--the real motive for the strike was political: To refurbish the image of the Teamsters' then president, Ron Carey, and to demonstrate that labor was rebounding. On both counts, the strike at UPS failed. Labor's perennial claim that it represents the interests of all workers--non-union and union alike--was always just rhetoric. Rather than reversing labor's decline, the UPS strike was a desperate attempt by beleaguered union leaders to preserve their own political power. The failed strike, and the scandals related to it, will serve only to hasten the decline of traditional unions."

wornoutupser

UPS Dawg,
RSU is "Restricted Stock Share", a bonus program for senior management that is a minimum of 50% salary up to 250%.

WE earn the money by doing the work and get no type of extra at all!

montecarlo12

montecarlo12 said:
Worldwide,
have a definition for you....

SCAB \'skab\ 3: a worker who replaces a striker or works under conditions not authorized by a union.

Scabby,
Why do you question me for assuming you are in management. your post didnt look familiar to you. Looks to me that your either a piece of **** employee, or manager that crossed the picket line and went to work with the rest of the loyal employees. I dont blame you for wanting to weasel your way out of this one, seeing most of the people on here are unionized. If your not in management, Tieguy is the Easter Bunny. I have no idea what spin your trying with the NY transit strike. You are a SCAB because you crossed a picket line and performed the job duties of a striking employee. THAT MAKES YOU A SCABBBB WORLDWIDE!!!!! Weather your part of that union or not!!!!!!
What the hell does taking a diffrent form of public transportation have to do with anything?? What does a taxi have to do with transit workers striking?? Keep on squirming scabby!!!!

Oh yea...For the fifth time (I THINK) No UPS customers were aloud to open a new account with FEDEX while UPS was on strike. Keep on trying scabby. There is no doubt we had a huge volume jump during the strike in 97. Guess what scabby, If a customer had a pre existing account with both FEDEX and UPS before the strike, We got them all!!!! If there was a Fedex power ship label or a Fedex airbill on the package, it belongs to FEDEX. Your loss our gain! Explain to us how you can differentiate which company the package is supposed to go with when that customer had open accounts with USPS, Fedex, UPS, and AIRBORN. Only UPS was in the Ground shipping game in 97 out of these four.

What was it like driving that big brown truck through the picket line anyways. Did you try to deliver a package to a resident only to have it refused ??? Did the person let you know what a piece of **** scab you are?? How many people gave you the finger each day? Did you try to Keep count?

montecarlo12

coldworld said:
michael, you seem to be pro union. Is this true. Have you ever worked for a union before you were at fedex.

Cold,
Im not pro union.
my brother (a UPS driver) and both of my grandfathers are proud union members. I have no desire of being in a union. My father is a career Marine and I lived all over the country growing up. I was tought at an early age that you are never to cross a picket line. You dont have to be a union member to respect them.

worldwide

Still waiting for you to answer what you first brought up. Please post what the "last, best and final offer" was and what the final contract was. How, specifically, did UPS not negotaite in "good faith?" You brought it up so you must know, correct? No credibility on your part...

"What the hell does taking a diffrent form of public transportation have to do with anything?? What does a taxi have to do with transit workers striking??"

I'll try to dumb it down for you. You equate taking work from workers on strike as negative and they people that do so as scabs. Who provided transporation during the NYC transit strike? Since they took work away from the strikers, they must be scabs by your definition. Who provided transporation during the Teamsters stike against UPS? You want everyone to beleive that no customer previously using UPS shipped by another carrier during the Teamsters strike? By your defintion, those other companies are all scabs.

Keep making your ASSumptiona about me--you do not know me.

"What was it like driving that big brown truck through the picket line anyways."

I have no idea-never did it.

"Did you try to deliver a package to a resident only to have it refused ??? Did the person let you know what a piece of **** scab you are."

No but I'd imagine that the hospitals and other critical care units that had packages locked-up or delivered late apprecited the efforts of some UPS people to deliver the shipments. In your eyes, the hospitals and any patients affected must just be "casualties" of the Teamsters action--oh well. Businesses that lost sales and had to lay off people--oh well. As long as they believe what you beleive, they will understand. If they don't beleive in your point of view and subscribe to your point of view, they are "a piece of ****." The Taliban is looking for like-minded individuals like you...

I simply disagree with your opinion and what you believe on this subject. Simple as that. I can agree to disagree with you.

Can you back up your original statement of what the "last, best and final offer" was and what the final contract was? Or can you simply say "I don't know."

ImpactedTSG

Why do union guys call people scabs? If they don't want to work and go on strike, fine go ahead. Don't get pissed when someone steps up and gets the job done. Just my honest opinion.

montecarlo12

Wordldwide,
you scab,....
Let me dumb it up for you. You pretend to be educated but still dont understand the definition of a scab. I even took the time to look it up and post for you. A scab isnt a person who chose to use a rival company while there preferred company was on strike. A scab is anyone who consciously crossed a picket line of a company of striking employees. Does not matter if you are employeed by the company, a union member, or a customer there for the product or service. If you have any kind of integrity you will not use a product or service from that company.

Worldwide,
you are a definition of a scab in every sense of the word. Not only did you cross the picket line numerous times over the course of 2 weeks but you performed the duties of a striking employee.

Thought you were slick trying to use the hospitals for your sympathy card??? All those packages stuck in transit?? Companies could use RPS or any number of trucking companies to get there supplies. If it was an urgent package it could be sent by a private courier using any airlines expedited service or by Fedex, Airborn, and any other express company it had an existing account with. Nice try.....you spineless jelly fish, How about another excuse why you crossed the picket line.

tieguy

Banned
wornoutupser said:
UPS Dawg,
RSU is "Restricted Stock Share", a bonus program for senior management that is a minimum of 50% salary up to 250%.

WE earn the money by doing the work and get no type of extra at all!

you have to take some of the blame for not choosing to join the managment ranks. It is called management incentive for a reason. You also have to give the union their share of the blame. The are vehemently opposed to any type of bonus awards.

montecarlo12

Worldwide,
I noticed that you have FRED CASEY as your (display name)
I also noticed TIEGUY has a (display name) of JIM CASEY.
Are you brothers, or are you two married??? Kinda makes sense, one is a compulsive liar and one is a spineless jellyfish.

I cant believe how similar your posting styles are. Tieguy gets tired of me calling him out on his lies and runs....and TA..DA I get YOU.:)
How come you two are never on at the same time??? Sure you post on the same threads, maybe even on the same day..but always hours apart.
I even went back into archives to make comparisons and there is definitely a pattern. Both you and Tieguy seem to feel very strongly about being PRO CORPORATE and ANTI UNION. That wouldnt be much of a coincidence accept yours and Ties wording is almost exact in separate post. Last night I was reading some post where Tieguy and Ok2b were going back in forth about "97". Its weird that you didnt take advantage of your opportunity to voice your opinion several times that the "TOPIC" came up, but Tieguy was all over it:) I think you know where im going with this... Tieguy says he lives some where on the East coast in his profile...just curious, how about you? Im in Rhode Island?

wornoutupser

tieguy said:
you have to take some of the blame for not choosing to join the managment ranks. It is called management incentive for a reason. You also have to give the union their share of the blame. The are vehemently opposed to any type of bonus awards.

Tie,
You left out the rest of the story!

It was about the employee that can not get paid correctly or get his raises that he is due, yet UPS rewards this behavior!

Mike Eskew received a NXDA letter about this in his office, yet the problem STILL has not been corrected.

That is SICK!

tieguy

Banned
montecarlo12 said:
montecarlo12 said:
Worldwide,
have a definition for you....

SCAB \'skab\ 3: a worker who replaces a striker or works under conditions not authorized by a union.

Scabby,
Why do you question me for assuming you are in management. your post didnt look familiar to you. Looks to me that your either a piece of **** employee, or manager that crossed the picket line and went to work with the rest of the loyal employees.?

Well Well. I take you off ignore and yet it looks like you're still up to your old games. If the above is your definition of a scab then a management person working during a labor action would not be a scab. Once the contract expires and there is no contract the union no longer maintains any rights to the work. If they do then they should be in the shop working it. Thank god this fdx guy was nice enough to come to a UPS board and tell us how screwed up we are.

Cherl looks like some serious flame material courtesy of Monte?

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
wornoutupser said:
Tie,
You left out the rest of the story!

It was about the employee that can not get paid correctly or get his raises that he is due, yet UPS rewards this behavior!

Mike Eskew received a NXDA letter about this in his office, yet the problem STILL has not been corrected.

That is SICK!

Ok looks like I jumped in on the middle Worn. I definitely don't endorse not paying our people what we owe them. Thought you were strictly talking about the MIP rewards. I'll take myself to the woodshed on this one. :lol:

montecarlo12

TIE,
I know, another coincidence. you just took me off you ignore list tonight. I guess all the stars are lining up tonight HUH?

montecarlo12

you became a scab the second you crossed the picket line. Isnt it weird how you needed all those unionized police officers to protect your well being as you made your way through the picket line.

worldwide

Still waiting for you to answer what you first brought up. Please post what the "last, best and final offer" was and what the final contract was. How, specifically, did UPS not negotaite in "good faith?" You brought it up so you must know, correct? No credibility on your part...

Amazing (but not surprising) that you can't back up you own statement. Why don't you get your bro the UPS man to come to your defense and help back up your statement? Zero credibility on your part...

In your perfect world, everyone agrees with you and is not allowed to have a difference of opinion. How sad...Isn't it time for you to jump on "ImpactedTSG" as he also does not agree with you? He said "If they don't want to work and go on strike, fine go ahead. Don't get pissed when someone steps up and gets the job done." Imagine, someone has an independent thought and does not agree with you...Call the Taliban!

Oh yes, you caught me...I'm tieguy and he is me...nice job Columbo. I'm also anyone else on this board that you don't agree with...

montecarlo12

Tieguy,
Dont ask Cheryl for mercy. If I crossed the line and Cheryl asks me to stop I will. Tieguy...do you and Worldwide share the same IP address?