potential problems with "ups freight"

montecarlo12

Worldwide
yes, im wrong, I dont have the IP address for you. I thought a little over a year ago all of our IP addresses were on here before the "BROWN CAFE" had changed to its new format. Ok2bclever just took a shot in the dark last year and guessed I was in Rhode Island. OK2b...I would like to buy you a beer. I wonder what all these numbers are if there not IP addresses. I have a cool program that maps out where the IP address is comming from. Must not be working right..... damn junk!

Worldwide / Tieguy
your correct, I made it all up. I owe you both an apology.
I would like to say im sorry to both of you.
I have a bad case of "Brown envy"

Tieguy,
I dont have an answer about UPS not negotiating in good faith. If you want to discuss it with someone please (if you want to) start a new thread. I know nothing about it. I asked by brother but he wont talk to me because I work at Fedex. He hates Fedex, Fedex stock, and his Fedex employee brother. :blushing:

Cheryl, Im sorry for calling these two gentlemen names. I was wrong.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Its all right now Monte. Maybe we can get you a set of "browns"and put you to work for a change.:clap:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Im not telling anybody to stop picking on you, personally I dont give a **** michael. I find it funny actually. It doesnt matter if I am ironylife, or coldworld, or tie, or worldwide, or scratchking, etc, etc, etc. who cares. Ups and fedex are in the same kind of business. Ups is BILLIONS ahead of fedex. Last quarter ups made 1 billion in profit. Please tell me how much fedex made last quarter. Most people on here dislike you because of you spinning things. I find you irritating because you say that fedex is in the same financial league as ups....bull**** again. Goodbye for now "MICHAEL"
Your greatest fan. Coldworld

tieguy

Banned
coldworld said:
Im not telling anybody to stop picking on you, personally I dont give a **** michael. I find it funny actually. It doesnt matter if I am ironylife, or coldworld, or tie, or worldwide, or scratchking, etc, etc, etc. who cares. Ups and fedex are in the same kind of business. Ups is BILLIONS ahead of fedex. Last quarter ups made 1 billion in profit. Please tell me how much fedex made last quarter. Most people on here dislike you because of you spinning things. I find you irritating because you say that fedex is in the same financial league as ups....bull**** again. Goodbye for now "MICHAEL"
Your greatest fan. Coldworld

I would actually enjoy a civil debate of the differences between our companies . I hope the apology was sincere.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I would also enjoy this kind of "discussion" tie. It will give me more ammo when it comes to taking accounts from fedex(or dhl) which I have done with great success since Ive been driving (since 2000). I decided to change from Ironylife to coldworld because it'll be a cold day in hell when fedex becomes the number one shipping empire on the planet, that spot has been ours for years and will be ours for years to come...its true, its true. hey, someone has to be number 2. Its better than being left in the dust like dhl and the post office. :tt1:

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
Coldworld.....it'll be a cold day in hell when fedex becomes the number one shipping empire on the planet, that spot has been ours for years and will be ours for years to come...its true, its true. hey, someone has to be number 2. Its better than being left in the dust like dhl and the post office

CW---You give me hope that we will fight to stay #1 --against FedEx--USPS---DHL---whomever trys to take our customers away from us.FedEX Ground is nothing more than RPS under a different name------wait until the Independant Contractor, class action lawsuit finally comes into fruition--and it will------wait until Airborne/DHL has some unionization attempts and has to cross that hurdle.

In the meantime it is very important for UPS to act like a team---management and hourly alike.....we are on the same team!!!Let's not give our customers a chance/opportunity to contact our competitors to see if they can provide a comparable service for less money!

southerngrits

UPSFreight Greenville SC
Well I'm new here and very interested in how our fellow brother feel about
[-]OVERNITE[/-]UPS FREIGHT and how they will be greeted to the family?

I personally don't want to see anyone lose their job. Nor, would I want to have their job in the package division. (Real Mans Job) I'll just stick to driving that old 700,000 mile truck up and down the highway. So to any feeder drivers, Ya'll cheer up out there and give your little bro a wave now and then...

Thanks and We look forward to working with you,

Phil

UPSFreight employee here...

just to comment on your statement " how they will be greeted to the family" .............. I work in Greenville SC and I can say that since UPS has taken over on May 1st, alot of the "brown" drivers look the other way when we wave at a traffic light, or walk right by us when we're on a dock together, or don't even speak to us when we say "hey". Now I know the "brown" drivers are extremely busy, but they sure don't miss the cutie at the traffic light and smile at her, or the shipping clerk if she's a cutie... I guess the way I see it is we weren't anymore happier to be purchased than "brown" was for us to be purchased, but we have no control in the reality world. But I don't feel the brethern has excepted us very openly...... which brings me to another point.... if you guys want us to join the union with you and make it stronger, wouldn't you go out of your way to be polite to us and to speak to us, so we can have a different attitude about joining the union.

We just want to haul freight, just as we did before, its only a NAME change to most of us.
Also every memo from the top , and company book reminds us daily that UPS Freight employs are non-union, Benifits dept also states "for non-union employs only" always keeping us apart. We just want to be on the same page as where were headed.

mittam

hopefully soon it all will be that way that everyone will realize that UPSF and UPS feeders are 2 completely different jobs and and everyone can get along. UPS feeders and package car drivers are 2 different jobs and get along just fine at least here in our center.I would like to say welcome and hope you guys start feeling some of the good that can come from being one solid company. Here is a big thing though don't ever concede to the teamsters stay away from them. You don't want to stay non-union with a company like UPS but there is a better way....the APWA... go to the web site apwa or Parcelworkers - A NEW LOOK! WHAT MAKES THIS UNION LOOK DIFFERENT''

Buckethead

UPSFreight employee here...

just to comment on your statement " how they will be greeted to the family" .............. I work in Greenville SC and I can say that since UPS has taken over on May 1st, alot of the "brown" drivers look the other way when we wave at a traffic light, or walk right by us when we're on a dock together, or don't even speak to us when we say "hey". Now I know the "brown" drivers are extremely busy, but they sure don't miss the cutie at the traffic light and smile at her, or the shipping clerk if she's a cutie... I guess the way I see it is we weren't anymore happier to be purchased than "brown" was for us to be purchased, but we have no control in the reality world. But I don't feel the brethern has excepted us very openly...... which brings me to another point.... if you guys want us to join the union with you and make it stronger, wouldn't you go out of your way to be polite to us and to speak to us, so we can have a different attitude about joining the union.

I know what your talking about, I'm line and been working for MC for years and have talked to feeder drivers in the past but this all changed for the exception of a few. When I pass them on the road they all seem to be looking at the passenger side. I wonder what's over there?

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
I have no problem with UPS freight drivers. I talked with one one day on a dock, and he kind of made me laugh. He told me he wanted UPS pay and benefits without the union.

any122

adirondack man
I have no problem with UPS freight drivers. I talked with one one day on a dock, and he kind of made me laugh. He told me he wanted UPS pay and benefits without the union.
Maybe you should have told him to make some good investments then he wouldn't need the union.You could have gave him some good investment tips!:lol:

hopefully soon it all will be that way that everyone will realize that UPSF and UPS feeders are 2 completely different jobs and and everyone can get along. UPS feeders and package car drivers are 2 different jobs and get along just fine at least here in our center.I would like to say welcome and hope you guys start feeling some of the good that can come from being one solid company. Here is a big thing though don't ever concede to the teamsters stay away from them. You don't want to stay non-union with a company like UPS but there is a better way....the APWA... go to the web site apwa or Parcelworkers - A NEW LOOK!* WHAT MAKES THIS UNION LOOK DIFFERENT''*
I agree with you Mittam, there are other ways to sercure your retirement

Buckethead

Not all of us are that naive. I'm allright with what we have as far as pension, medical, and pay with the exception of our delay pay that was taken from us in Feb. It was a pretty big hit. Unionization would be a plus if all issues are resolved, but I know it won't even be close to Parcel agreement. I don't do enough work to justify that.

I'm not saying it's a problem for me that some act this way, I just find it funny. Shows true colors. When US Foodservice bought Rykoff and J. Webb Foods we were allways frendly and courteous to each other. I guess maybe it's just a Union thing.

mittam

buckethead ,Sunday Sept 10th I attended a meeting in Columbus Ohio for the UPSF, Van Skillman Addressed the layover pay. The current feeder drivers give up one hour at UPS that's all, he will get the same for UPSF drivers given the chance. You guys all need to contact him at apwa or Parcelworkers - A NEW LOOK! WHAT MAKES THIS UNION LOOK DIFFERENT'' his number is listed there and you can leave him a message on-line or call him on the phone number given

Equalizer

Originaly posted by mittam
Sunday Sept 10th I attended a meeting in Columbus Ohio for the UPSF

I would be interested to know how many attended the meeting and if Mr. Skillman and Mr. Eason was able to answer all questions that were asked.

UPSF employees are smart enough to know that we need representation with our new owner, but we are also SMART enough to know that the IBT is not the answer.

Equalizer

mittam

Originaly posted by mittam

I would be interested to know how many attended the meeting and if Mr. Skillman and Mr. Eason was able to answer all questions that were asked.

UPSF employees are smart enough to know that we need representation with our new owner, but we are also SMART enough to know that the IBT is not the answer.

Equalizer

One glad you feel that way no you don't need the ibt, there were 40 people and all signed cards also 25-26 joined you will have a meeting out there in 2 weeks look for place and time at your center or contact them at Parcelworkers - A NEW LOOK! WHAT MAKES THIS UNION LOOK DIFFERENT''