Pottery Barn is the Best Company In The World

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Do you know how much we make per Pottery Barn shipment?
Who's going to delivery Pottery Barn? We are the largest shipper in the United States unless you count USPS's bulk mail - I don't. So I don't think you can say we were never designed to handle Pottery Barns volume.
My truck is loaded outside, on a jury-rigged MDU. The hole in the wall that the belt comes out of is too small to fit Pottery Barn and other oversized packages through. So these bad boys have to be pulled off the belt and slid on the floor underneath a package car, then around a corner and thru the man door and up the steps into the MDU. Then, when they blow out the truck they are supposed to be loaded into, they sit outside in the rain for 3 hours until dispatch figures out what the hell to do with them.
I dont have a problem with Pottery Barn. I have a problem with trying to cram PB into trucks, boxlines and facilities that will never be enlarged and were never designed to accomodate them in the first place.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We see PB here quite frequently. And as someone said earlier more often than not it goes out to the rural rte and is one of the last stops (or an out of the way stop) and is in the way all day long. Usually it's not just one piece either. Sometimes they can be a real pita.

bellesotico

BOXstar
We see PB here quite frequently. And as someone said earlier more often than not it goes out to the rural rte and is one of the last stops (or an out of the way stop) and is in the way all day long. Usually it's not just one piece either. Sometimes they can be a real pita.

D-
When I first looked at this I was like..PITA?? I was thinking food..lol...

Yeah..I know..I know..

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
D-
When I first looked at this I was like..PITA?? I was thinking food..lol...

Yeah..I know..I know..
LMAO
There are some acronyms that I have to stop and think about but usually I figure them out. I finally had to ask about IMO/IMHO. PITA is an old one that my step dad used to use all the time.

Big Babooba

My truck is loaded outside, on a jury-rigged MDU. The hole in the wall that the belt comes out of is too small to fit Pottery Barn and other oversized packages through. So these bad boys have to be pulled off the belt and slid on the floor underneath a package car, then around a corner and thru the man door and up the steps into the MDU. Then, when they blow out the truck they are supposed to be loaded into, they sit outside in the rain for 3 hours until dispatch figures out what the hell to do with them.
I dont have a problem with Pottery Barn. I have a problem with trying to cram PB into trucks, boxlines and facilities that will never be enlarged and were never designed to accomodate them in the first place.
UPS should have one of these at each center to take care or all large packages.
caterpillar 977 vs VW beetle

SoyFish

I've seen some of these Pottery Barn Boxes...They aren't exactly square, but are like a 6 foot long rectangle...I've had to load like 2.

My boxes must've been less extreme than yours though.

Last edited: