Pottery Barn wears me out!

bigbrownhen

Yea, those boxes are huge. I delivered a really nice wicker patio set. I get to look at it every time I go by the house.

Last edited:

40 and out

you don't do that anymore. it should be bagging 100 dr stops wears me out.

I think the most I've ever bagged in one day is about 10 and that would be in a monsoon with the rain blowing sideways. Many days don't use any. In 21 years,I don't remember ever having a complaint about wet packages. If I ever used anywhere near 100 in a day,maybe I would finally become smooth in using them. Am I the only one who has driven forever and still struggles using rain bags?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
We have a 24 footer that goes to Pottery Barn everyday with at least 100 and usually 400. Fortunately the receiver there is awesome and really makes it go smooth. I hate pottery barn.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think the most I've ever bagged in one day is about 10 and that would be in a monsoon with the rain blowing sideways. Many days don't use any. In 21 years,I don't remember ever having a complaint about wet packages. If I ever used anywhere near 100 in a day,maybe I would finally become smooth in using them. Am I the only one who has driven forever and still struggles using rain bags?

Jim, rather than trying to open the bag with your fingers, try this--put the top of the bag between your hands--slide your hands back and forth--this will open the bag enough to get your fingers in there.

browniehound

yeah.......<large sigh...>

Ha! I had 30 pieces for a resi couple weeks ago, nowhere to leave out of weather. I used 30 bags!

OUCH! I think I would have left them on car and tried at the end of the night before I bagged 30 boxes. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you couldn't do that?

That stop must have taken you at least 30 minutes, right? At least 1 minute to move and bag each box? Paid by the hour I guess, but you must have looked lovely on paper the next day, lol. Why do things like this never happen on an OJS?

Also, the consignee must have freaked to see 30 bagged boxes at his door? I'm sure his attitude was something like "what the heck now I have to unwrapped and move all the boxes myself! I can't sucker the UPS driver to walk them into my house?"

Now that I think of it, I would take great pleasure in bagging his boxes instead of him being home and ORDERING me what to do with them.

Also, if I were expecting 30 boxes being delivered to my house I would make sure I was home or make arrangments for someone to be there for me.

Its not 1985 anymore as we all know and UPS provides tracking info for all its parcels. Combine this info with the knowledge of when the UPS driver generally passes through the neighborhood and those parcels should have been recieved by the homeowner. Shame on them if the complain about 30 DR bags. 30 DR bags, LOL. Great for the environment, ha ha! I'm sure thats what this customer is thinking!!! LOL

jimstud

Banned
i had a customer that had 45 model trains shipped to his house needless to say he forgot to open his garage 30 minutes later and a whole lot of cuss words they were all bagged just in time for him to pull in his driveway.