Pottery Barn wears me out!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Vacation wears me out. I might have to take another week off just to recuperate. :happy2: GetAttachment.jpg (????)
GetAttachment.jpg

UPSGUY72

Yea, those boxes are huge. I delivered a really nice wicker patio set. I get to look at it every time I go by the house.

It's bad enough when we deliver them, However it really sucks when you have a call tag to go back and pick up the box you drop off a couple of days before.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
It's bad enough when we deliver them, However it really sucks when you have a call tag to go back and pick up the box you drop off a couple of days before.

63 pound dresser for the third floor of an apartment building. elevator broken. Muscled it up the stairs. two days later, damage call tag elvator still broken. Sometimes I hate boxes.

browniehound

Amen brother! Its one thing to deliver it, but having to go back and pick it up with a call tag is really painfull! I just had one on Tuesday. It was a split and I didn't deliver it, but the tag said 56lbs so I thought I get it while on trace in the middle of the route. Well, the thing was like 3 feet tall and 6 feet long. It would have been in my way all day long so I knidly explained that I would be back later for it. He actually gave me an attitude and said he was home now and it might rain later.

Now, I'm always nice to EVERYONE, but if you open the door I'm going to speak my mind. I calmly explained that I had 70 dellivery stops and 35 pick-up stops left and if I grab your stupid kids bed now I will have to push, move, and walk around the ugly thing 105 times! It was so big that the only place for it was on the back-drop. I could have done my house calls like that but never my pick-ups!

What the hell are we doing delivery this crap? Its like they think we work for a moving company and have a crew of 3 guys when in reality its just me lugging 150lbs of ugly furniture up a driveway. Sorry, but thats how I feel about pottery barn. I pray every night that they go out of business, lol!

rod

Retired 22 years
63 pound dresser for the third floor of an apartment building. elevator broken. Muscled it up the stairs. two days later, damage call tag elvator still broken. Sometimes I hate boxes.

but you have to admit they go downstairs a hell of alot easier than up------------------------------------------especially if no ones looking:happy2:

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Pottery Barn's aren't all that bad, some of the larger ones actually feel empty. Jeez, I remember the days back on the 'ol preload. You knew when Bow-Flex or Dell or Gateway were running a promotion, the truck would be packed. I can remember one morning I loaded Bow-flex's onto a guys truck for about 6 different stops, and his route was for the most part a non-driver release area. You can leave a PB box no problem, but there was no releasing those computers and you were up the creek without a paddle if the customer wasn't home to sign for the $900 Bow-flex's.

browniehound

Pottery Barn's aren't all that bad, some of the larger ones actually feel empty. Jeez, I remember the days back on the 'ol preload. You knew when Bow-Flex or Dell or Gateway were running a promotion, the truck would be packed. I can remember one morning I loaded Bow-flex's onto a guys truck for about 6 different stops, and his route was for the most part a non-driver release area. You can leave a PB box no problem, but there was no releasing those computers and you were up the creek without a paddle if the customer wasn't home to sign for the $900 Bow-flex's.

Remember the Dell deliveries (circa 2000-2001?) in which it consisted of an oversized monitor, hard drive, and then the speakers? It was a 5 piece delivery and you prayed the consignee was home! Thank heavens for technology! Now, in 2010, those same systems cost half as much and can fit into one box!.

Then there is 'Gateway' and I haven't seen one of those in years yet they were ubiqutiuous (hello spelling)at the turn of the century.

With technology getting better I'm guessing no more 5 piece systems up a driveway for us anymore!

rod

Retired 22 years
Remember the Dell deliveries (circa 2000-2001?) in which it consisted of an oversized monitor, hard drive, and then the speakers? It was a 5 piece delivery and you prayed the consignee was home! Thank heavens for technology! Now, in 2010, those same systems cost half as much and can fit into one box!.

Then there is 'Gateway' and I haven't seen one of those in years yet they were ubiqutiuous (hello spelling)at the turn of the century.

With technology getting better I'm guessing no more 5 piece systems up a driveway for us anymore!

The "cow boxes" . Some days my truck looked like it was full of cows

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.

I think FedEx took that account from us (not that any of us were complaining) but the company that bought out Gateway (MPC) went belly-up in 2007. Acer ended up buying the Gateway brand, but the fall-out from the '07 disaster slaughtered most of their customer following because there was no longer any warranties, etc. Gateway is still around, but you can only buy from major retailers and some other internet sites. That's why you should always take caution when you come across a large and/or heavy package from places like Best Buy. They usually send their expensive items as signature required, but you never know with them. I try to get a signature or atleast an SDN on all of my BBY deliveries.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse

Now, that same technology fits in the palm of your hand and we still deliver it...its just from different shippers now...AT&T, Sprint, TMO and Verizon...Desktops and Laptops are becoming obsolete and cumbersome:happy2:

I think the most I've ever bagged in one day is about 10 and that would be in a monsoon with the rain blowing sideways. Many days don't use any. In 21 years,I don't remember ever having a complaint about wet packages. If I ever used anywhere near 100 in a day,maybe I would finally become smooth in using them. Am I the only one who has driven forever and still struggles using rain bags?
I have a residential route and using bags is second nature now. What still amazes me is how someone can have a four hundred thousand dollar house, and no porch. Not even a recessed area near the door. If the box is too big for a bag, not in 1.

rushfan

They wear me out. I pull a Pottery Barn trailer to the local mall, unhook the air hoses and light cord, roll down the landing gear, and put a king pin lock on the king pin.......:)
When I was in package, a lady on my route decided to remodel her home. She placed her Pottery Barn order at the same time she met with the contractor. Sure enough, her Pottery Barn order arrived within a week, over a few weeks time. She couldn't belive the stuff showed up before the remodel project was done. She received throw rugs, dressers, tables, etc. It was as bad as the time I delivered the QVC to the lady who shopped the Christmas in July show.