POTUS gives SOTU

moreluck

golden ticket member
No Cantor seatmate for Pelosi.....she asked someone already.....from Maryland. Must be a Sadie Hawkins State of the Union.

av8torntn

speculation on what will be doled out this year

I predict he will call for more of his failed Keynesian policies. I think he will say the government needs to lower the value of our currency to create demand which he thinks will create more employment. I, of course, believe consumers create demand. He will do as most and ignore all the "bottlenecks" central planning tends to cause. He may propose some type of gun control which is another failed policy. I think he may try to defend this in some indirect type of way.

I predict he will ignore what happened in the 70's- 80's when you had both high unemployment and high inflation. More proof from my point of view that central planning does not work. He will try to disguise this as a call for "investments" which in the most basic form will mean a loss of freedom to someone. He will likely call for a tax hike in the form of a revamped tax code.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Cartoon%20-%20Civility%20for%20Dummies%20-%20ALG%20%28600%29.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
In one breath, the pres. was praising the working together and in another breath he was taking the praise away.

For example....he said we all passed a tax cut (hooray). Then a few minutes later he said we can't continue permanently the tax cut we passed. He has no plans for cutting spending. Freezing is not cutting. Freezing right now means you still spend what you have spent all along.

I guess the government will need that money to build a fast train for illegal immigrant salmon going from the stream to the ocean and educate them on the way with the improved world wide web!

The Paul Ryan follow up was more sensible and he sounded more knowledgeable about a budget than O. That 'O' does not stand for Oprah or Orme.

klein

Für Meno :)
Obama did mention future cuts, but not nearly as clear as Paul Ryan did.
I liked the openess of Paul's speech.

Michelle Bachmann's however. Now that speech could have been written last year !
What the hell was she looking into, a teleprompter ?
She did a hell of a crappy job, and was very uncomfortable even watching.

I would say she's pretty much useless in Congress, actually worse then that - she's a hinderness !

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Obama did mention future cuts, but not nearly as clear as Paul Ryan did.
I liked the openess of Paul's speech.

Michelle Bachmann's however. Now that speech could have been written last year !
What the hell was she looking into, a teleprompter ?
Kinda like Obama except the Messiah has two teleprompters which he never leaves home without.
She did a hell of a crappy job, and was very uncomfortable even watching.

I would say she's pretty much useless in Congress, actually worse then that - she's a hinderness !
What the heck is a "Hinderness"?

wkmac

Well who watched the SOTU last night? Not me! I was slaving for the State in my capacity as an energy source so these worthless bastards could engage in pure political theater. These guys make vampires look almost.....oh wait, they are vampires!

klein

Here, wkmac.
A refresher, and who does her make-up ????

Lucy's new choice as presidential candidate it seems :

moreluck

golden ticket member
making fun of her make-up....who are you? ??? Max Factor?????

What does her make up have to do with what she says?

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Here, wkmac.
A refresher, and who does her make-up ????
Wow!!! You are really shallow...just like the glass you drink out of?
Lucy's new choice as presidential candidate it seems :
So how did you come to that conclusion...is the "Likor" bottle talking again?

wkmac

Klein,

At the end of the day, Moreluck and yourself are just the same thing in my eyes, nothing but a couple of "familiars!"

klein

Atleast she could have stuck with more truth factors.
Like saying the stimulus was over 1 Trillion, but in reality "only" 810 Billion.

But, guess it doesn't matter, it's rounded up, just like if someone earns $8.10 an hr, and says he makes over $10.

And, I'll learn from you Moreluck, I'll only comment on what the lady wears from now on.
Like you do, with the First Lady. :)