Powell endorses Obama

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Without going into too much detail, the net is a two way street. What state people claim they are from has nothing to do with it. Two different people here, I'm 100 per cent positive.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He left the Bush admin on bad terms, do you expect he would hold the party line? Of course not, he has a bad taste in his mouth about republicans and honestly if BO wasnt black he probably would have kept his mouth shut and not endorsed anyone

The ironic part is that if Colin Powell had decided to run for President and had convinced Condoleeza Rice to be his VP neither McCain or Obama would have had a chance IMO.

tieguy

Banned
If i recall susie was a real nut job and was banned for being the most wacked out nut job the browncafe has ever had! If you believe that this was susie why havent you banned this user yet? Did we forget everything that happened?

Susie is good at covering her tracks. But this is clearly her posting style. Just a matter of time before the wack job goes off the deep end.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Its amazing how many people begin to gang up on someone for posting an opinion.

Ive seen it over and over until a person is ganged up on and that person retaliates and ends up the one kicked out or just stops participating.

It seems to be the trend, that when an opposing opinion is posted, and a few posters dont like the information, they begin to assume facts not in evidence.

Why cant I have an opinion without having to engage one on one in childish name calling?

I am very sorry your feelings are being hurt by the fact that your candidate is going to lose this election, and maybe if you take it out on me it will change the outcome.

But thats not how I want to communicate.

I have tried to simply balance the information on current events to match what you all have posted.

My opinions have been well recognized by other members who dont post and they seem to enjoy the information i post by pm acknowledgement.

Chasing me away from current events hardly improves your positions on the topics being discussed or the outcome of this election.

If you chase me away, like you have others, who would you all argue with other than yourselves?

I agree to disagree with alot of you, I agree with the minority in current events (like diesel..etc etc..) but I believe my opinions and information are just as important as anyones else's.

I am truly sorry if what I post is "indefensible" and it makes you uncomfortable, but this is called reality.

This topic was suppose to be about a conservative republican endorsing a democratic candidate and its turned into a "tearfest".

Pick on me all you want, the point will not change, Powell stated Obama is the right guy for the job and all the "whoareyous" in the world wont make it go away.

drewed

Shankman
See the difference between you and 99% of the people in this forum is you are like a grunge rock concert, theres something going but all it really does is leave you with a headache while everyone is likely a Micheal Bolton song, you sort of sway with it sometimes sing but in the end its a positive exp. Im not saying differences in opinion are a bad thing what Im saying is the packaging in which you display your opinion is atrocious youre like a small child this is my opinion *sticks fingers in ears* blah blah blah are you saying anything bah blah blah
If you want respect from the forum, act respectful dont waste time by starting mutiple threads on the same subject, respect other opinions and youll do much better.

diesel96

See the difference between you and 99% of the people in this forum is you are like a grunge rock concert, theres something going but all it really does is leave you with a headache while everyone is likely a Micheal Bolton song, you sort of sway with it sometimes sing but in the end its a positive exp. Im not saying differences in opinion are a bad thing what Im saying is the packaging in which you display your opinion is atrocious youre like a small child this is my opinion *sticks fingers in ears* blah blah blah are you saying anything bah blah blah
If you want respect from the forum, act respectful dont waste time by starting mutiple threads on the same subject, respect other opinions and youll do much better.

We got us a conformist here. You want everybody to act like Society's Bitch. One who has to follow what's 'In' in order to gain popularity and have a life.

BTW...Micheal Bolton Sux!...My opinion of course.

I find it amusing that when TOS starts or participates in a thread that half of the conservative posters attack the person instead of tackling the issue. I think i'm jealous.....lol

over9five

Staff member
quote]

God, where to start....

TOS, you troll us everyday. Think of the incitant ways you "communicate". Let's look at some of your recent topics:

GOP goes down in flames in Supreme Court
The "down in flames" part added by you to incite anger among the Republicans on this board.

"Joe Sixpack" and family values. LMAO!
LMAO. Really didn't need to be there, but added by you to incite anger in Palin supporters.

McCain the Hypocrite on ACORN
Incitant way of angering McCain supporters.

Palin the Terrorism Hypocrite
Inciting Palin supporters.

I know, I know, you'll say it's all fact and you're not responsible for how any reader interprets it. You'll say everybody does it, and maybe you're right (but you are WAY better at it!).

I started this thread specifically to draw a reaction from you the same way you do it to everyone else. It worked great!
I then asked you to admit it, and laugh it off, but you can't even do that! I tried to treat you as one of us, but I guess that wouldn't fit your reason for being here.

Nobody's asking you to leave. You certainly keep it lively here, and remember I've defended your right to post in the past.

I just wish you could lighten up once in a while....

tieguy

Banned
Its amazing how many people begin to gang up on someone for posting an opinion.

Ive seen it over and over until a person is ganged up on and that person retaliates and ends up the one kicked out or just stops participating.

It seems to be the trend, that when an opposing opinion is posted, and a few posters dont like the information, they begin to assume facts not in evidence.

Why cant I have an opinion without having to engage one on one in childish name calling?

I am very sorry your feelings are being hurt by the fact that your candidate is going to lose this election, and maybe if you take it out on me it will change the outcome.

I have tried to simply balance the information on current events to match what you all have posted.

My opinions have been well recognized by other members who dont post and they seem to enjoy the information i post by pm acknowledgement.

Chasing me away from current events hardly improves your positions on the topics being discussed or the outcome of this election.

If you chase me away, like you have others, who would you all argue with other than yourselves?

I agree to disagree with alot of you, I agree with the minority in current events (like diesel..etc etc..) but I believe my opinions and information are just as important as anyones else's.

I am truly sorry if what I post is "indefensible" and it makes you uncomfortable, but this is called reality.

This topic was suppose to be about a conservative republican endorsing a democratic candidate and its turned into a "tearfest".

Pick on me all you want, the point will not change, Powell stated Obama is the right guy for the job and all the "whoareyous" in the world wont make it go away.

lot of ranting about being mistreated for someone that just showed up here. Almost as if you either arrived here with preconcieved notions or you have been here before?

tieguy

Banned
quote]
God, where to start....

TOS, you troll us everyday. Think of the incitant ways you "communicate". Let's look at some of your recent topics:

GOP goes down in flames in Supreme Court
The "down in flames" part added by you to incite anger among the Republicans on this board.

"Joe Sixpack" and family values. LMAO!
LMAO. Really didn't need to be there, but added by you to incite anger in Palin supporters.

McCain the Hypocrite on ACORN
Incitant way of angering McCain supporters.

Palin the Terrorism Hypocrite
Inciting Palin supporters.

I know, I know, you'll say it's all fact and you're not responsible for how any reader interprets it. You'll say everybody does it, and maybe you're right (but you are WAY better at it!).

I started this thread specifically to draw a reaction from you the same way you do it to everyone else. It worked great!
I then asked you to admit it, and laugh it off, but you can't even do that! I tried to treat you as one of us, but I guess that wouldn't fit your reason for being here.

Nobody's asking you to leave. You certainly keep it lively here, and remember I've defended your right to post in the past.

I just wish you could lighten up once in a while....

Good point Over. A certain banned poster had the same style. she would troll us constantly as if someone was paying her by the thread.

Her style is clearly designed to annoy us rather then to be a contributing member of the site.

over9five

Staff member
Good point Over. A certain banned poster had the same style. she would troll us constantly as if someone was paying her by the thread.

Her style is clearly designed to annoy us rather then to be a contributing member of the site.

Exactly! Annoying, but not breaking any rules. But even now (as then), I wouldn't want her banned or asked to leave.

Tie, remember SCB on T-Net? I believe they banned him, and traffic on the UPS forum is almost non-existent. They have no-one to argue with!!

drewed

Shankman
Conformist? sure do i want people to adhere to the social norms when presenting arguements sure I do. The way TOS presents their arguements is reminceant of Hitler, Mao, Castro....so do I not want people present their arguements in that way? Of course I dont.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
The ironic part is that if Colin Powell had decided to run for President and had convinced Condoleeza Rice to be his VP neither McCain or Obama would have had a chance IMO.

I don't buy it. You would have a presidential hopeful and his vp, neither of which have held an elective office. The last president who never held elective office was Eisenhower. His Veep was Nixon who held a senate position in Cali. Condi would be a dynamic veep i think, but she'd need to be partnered with a strong Governor.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Also after some thought on Powell endorsing Obama, I almost tend to think that Powell is through with the Republican party. He might start the schism that breaks the party in half IMHO. He could also be bitter by the way things ended with him and Bush, I don't think that he's beyond being vindictive. But at the same time, he comes across as being very level minded. I guess the point is that we simply can't know what the truth is. I tend to take him at face value. But I disagree with him on Obama being ready to take the country. I do think that Biden is a complete jerk off, but he is more ready to lead than Obama or Palin is. I however don't want to give up on Palin, because she is by far not stupid as some people make her out to be. She has not been in the big time for all that long and has some things to learn. However, she could turn out to be just like Truman. He took over after FDR died and was a horrible underdog for re-election, but pulled 303 of the electoral ballot. There is precedence for her doing well despite being unprepared.

mthbstr8

America's underlying problems are so under-discussed even that we need a TRANSFORMATIONAL leader to bring us back to bipartism.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ahhh, not sure what you think you accomplished other than demonstrating that as a moderator, your racial annimous should disqualify you from monitoring these forums.

You are suppose to be keeping a "level headed" eye on things and not trying to stir the pot.

I would stick to being a moderator vs. playing with the members.

A moderator is a person with opinions and thoughts just like all.
You and others have never been moderated that I know of, so you have no complaint. You post anything you wish, and have never been stopped even if we disagree.
AS long as you follow the rules, post away, and dont worry about what the mods do or dont do. It has not affected you.

Over9five has been a respected part of the community which is why he was selected, not based on his political or other affiliations.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Exactly! Annoying, but not breaking any rules. But even now (as then), I wouldn't want her banned or asked to leave.

Tie, remember SCB on T-Net? I believe they banned him, and traffic on the UPS forum is almost non-existent. They have no-one to argue with!!
Scb and ajax both have been banned, remember the good ole days of tnet, now its a crap site with maybe 5 or 6 people a day on it.